ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats going on with 172 prices

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
hi guys

i want another clio i have had 182s and 172s i have been looking about and there are loads of clio 172s up for nearly 7k

i sold my 182 with recaros for not a load more with the same miles

when i was selling my 172 they were all going for about 5k and still not selling

why the change

7k is what i would ex to pay for a 182 very soon

6.5-7k for 172 is mad

any ideas

I don't know, but sounds good to me. More money for me when I sell. Personally, I think it's ClioSport that put the prices down of the 1*2's. We should keep em high lol.

In between cars....
same thing happened with my 106 gti, when i bought mine were selling for lowish prices and the last few months demand for them has shot through the roof needless to say i made money on my 106 gti ;) lol

VaVa
I posted a thread about this aaaaages ago. There's probably enough of us on here to fix the prices a little. Instead we just lower them.lol.

not good that i am buying then

love clios but 7k for a 172 with no warranty is a joke when they were a max 6 about 6 months ago

i might have to save up the diff for a 182 then

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Just because they are advertised at that price doesn't mena they are selling for that price :) My guess is they get knocked down a little before selling.

i sold my ph1 172 2 years ago for 2980, that was the going price then. 1 week later there was a write up in evo about them and how amaizing they were.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Just because they are advertised at that price doesn't mena they are selling for that price :) My guess is they get knocked down a little before selling.

what by 1 or 2k;)

Wouldn't surprise me. There's an Impreza I've been eyeing up elsewhere and it was up for too much, it's already down 2k on the original asking price :)

i sold my ph1 172 2 years ago for 2980, that was the going price then. 1 week later there was a write up in evo about them and how amaizing they were.

Er maybe for a rough one, I was looking to buy just over 2 years ago and a ph1 172 seemed to be about 6k.

EK4 SIR CIVIC 185 BHP
I thought the same, makes my ad for my car look like somethings wrong with my car lol

mines in for sale section 3250

lol I would put mine up at £5500 2002 172 with 44k. That may be high, but also I think there are just a lot of dreamers out there.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I paid £4895 for my 51 plate with 44k it's now on 59 but had cambelt and new disks and pads all round, and i'd put it up for 5.5k

Sib

Clio 172 (Silver)
Bought mine this time last year for 6.5K with 64K on it. I do a lot of motorway miles in a year so its up to 84K, however in this time I've spent a lot of money on it and done all the necessary service work but would not expect more than 5K for it now.

The high miles make it hard to compete with some of the others out there despite the fact they will need a major service and cam belt before me.

I would welcome a price hike as I've lost a lot of money in car trading over the years. Had a few bad buys including two Cat D's I didn't know about and a Peugoet with a mad ecu.

Scirocco GT 210
i sold my ph1 172 2 years ago for 2980, that was the going price then.

Ummm.... did it have no wheels, doors or engine? :rasp: And a bent chassis and no bumpers? ;)

One of those internet car companies who buy your car off you (for a poor price, but it saves you the hassle of selling yourself) offered me more than £2980 (not much more though) for my ph1 172 and that was only a couple of weeks ago!

pug 106 rallye S2
just bout a 172ff in flame red 52 plate with 25k for £5500 not bad i thought looked at a few that were silly money! upto 7k all for a 53 plate with more miles you get switchable traction control and cruise control neither of which im bothered about!
look around there are good deals to be found

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport
I had mine up in autotrader for 3 weeks at 6800 ono for a 2003 iceburg 172 with 23000 miles. Not had one phone call but I've decided to keep it anyway. Its not worth selling for the money that people want to pay for them

Clio 172 mk2
I had mine up in autotrader for 3 weeks at 6800 ono for a 2003 iceburg 172 with 23000 miles. Not had one phone call but I've decided to keep it anyway. Its not worth selling for the money that people want to pay for them

That's low miles as well

TBH I've toyed with the idea of selling up but I know it's probably just not worth it....people seem to want cars to be pratically given away even if they have been looked after properly and are in great condition:(

H22A7 Accord Type R

That's low miles as well

TBH I've toyed with the idea of selling up but I know it's probably just not worth it....people seem to want cars to be pratically given away even if they have been looked after properly and are in great condition:(

its true Neil....no matter how much love and polish etc, some people just want to haggle and bum you! Its not often you get people who see the car for what it is, and are prepared to just pay the price for the car!

i am all up for paying for a good one but hate when i have had to sell my mint ones cheap

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
There is so many 172's about at the monent.

I paid £7.3k for mine back in Sept 2005 with 20k miles 53 reg.

I would advertise it now for £6,250 with 37k miles, don't think I would get it though.

I'll keep it for an other year or so anyway.

There is so many 172's about at the monent.

I paid £7.3k for mine back in Sept 2005 with 20k miles 53 reg.

I would advertise it now for £6,250 with 37k miles, don't think I would get it though.

I'll keep it for an other year or so anyway.

i would say between £5500-£5800 but you never know

ps nice kx 250 i have an o6

do you know anyone after an 06 85 £1400 ono

They got cheap enough for chavvy types to get hold of them , they subsequently write them off, which means there's more demand that supply which drives the prices up, plus they went cheap because of the 197 coming out but they're crap so even more demand for the 1*2s.

Man I should've taken economics or something. Actually, no I shouldn't have I'm talking b****cks as usual lol.

Saxo VTS
Yeah it's a f**king joke.

Saw a 172 Cup on eBay going for £8k! Get the f**k out of here.

172 FF at a garage near me and they want 7.6k, was advertised at 8k. It's mint and I can get a grand off but still stupidly exspensive.

Typical as I'm in the market for a 172 and am no way spending more than 4.5k on one.

So to all the mofo's selling: Lower your frigging prices!

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

That's low miles as well

Trouble is people don't seem to bothered about the milage. To me the cars worth what I was asking as I know its been looked after, its never been damaged/repaired or smoked in. Buyers seem to think its a grand over priced and for that sort of money I'd rather keep it.

I hardly use it now as I drive a works van so the miles will stay low. With any luck in a few years most other 172's will be knackered or written off and mine will be worth a few bob.

172 gone :( 197 now :)
Its because traders are offering good money for them or to p/x. Id prob get just £300 more if i sell privately than what i've been offered by a car supermarket.

Lotus Elise 111R
I agree with the fact that CS seems to knock prices! I keep my cars mint, put them in autotrader at MY price, dont get a call for 2 weeks, then almost miraculously every time, 3rd week, one call, "is it as immaculate as you say" "yes" "I'm coming round"... job done, first person buys it at my price roughly.

I always do the ad that costs £80 or so, a double one, as it raises it above the rest. Expensive but it works.

182 FF
The prices are crazy, mind you my mates just picked up an 05 plate 182 with 23k for 6k! needs a wee bit of work done to it, no more than a grands worth tho, bargin!

i know people are allowed to ask what they want for there cars but anything above 6k for a 172 is a joke

some people are dreaming i think