ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats gonna happen to my Clio next?!?!

Lou

I think i should start taking bets now!

Since June ive had a motorbike hit me, central locking stop working with one door, been scratched, took a chunk out a tyre (god knows how! never hit anything!), relay fuse (lost dial lights and rear lights) fell out and now the door pin on my drivers door fell out too!!!

Ive not even had the car a year yet!!

My pride and joy is turning into a disaster!!!

You should have heard the history my cars had in its first year, it was almost written off and spent about 5 month in dealerships being fixed. Its been fine though apart from that (sunroof rattles though).
Don't let it get you down go out an enjoy the car. Thats what there there for. (Renault probably don't like the abuse I give mine though saying that).

Louise_Clio said:
I think i should start taking bets now!

Since June ive had a motorbike hit me, central locking stop working with one door, been scratched, took a chunk out a tyre (god knows how! never hit anything!), relay fuse (lost dial lights and rear lights) fell out and now the door pin on my drivers door fell out too!!!

Ive not even had the car a year yet!!

My pride and joy is turning into a disaster!!!

I'd put bailing twine round the door handles if I was you. It'll help protect the car when the wheels really come off!! Only kidding, you must have so much fun. Where do you live? I'll move that way and open up a Renault Garage and retire!!!

i have a 9 year old clio, have owned it for almost 2 years now and apart from a leaking sunroof have had no problems with it whatsoever.

2002 Clio Dynamic
Bet your Crankshaft sensor will go,mines has went AGAIN!!
Also u will soon learn to live with the central locking,i have with mine one side locks and the other opens,and vice versa when i press the fob!! have to park up tight to bushes and fences at night!

All i seem to read on here is complaints about Renault build quality.

Thought id mention my experience.
Bought a new clio 1.5 dci 100 Dynamique in march 2004.

Car now completed 36000 miles hard miles. Nothing dropped off nothing stopped working. Dont even have the sunroof rattle!

Serviced at 18000 by a renault dealer now due for next one.

Not been to dealer for any warrant issues. Just given it intermediate oil and filter changes at 6000 miles as i intend to keep it and pass down the family.

Returns consistent 50/55 mpg driven hard.

In fact no complaints whatsoever.

Surely i cant be the only lucky one!!!!

2002 Clio Dynamic
Opps, Just got my clio back from Arnold Clarks and it was'nt the crankshaft sensor! it was a loose pos battery terminal!

So make sure ur battery is hooked up nice and tight!!!

lol,what a load of crap Renault garages tell u!

Lou

Well its happened!!!

Last night some little s***s were hiding at the side of the bypass i was driving alone, next min my windscreen is covered in mud!

Clean the windows to reveal about 7 different cracks over it!!

Got out to see my bonnet and wing is all scratched too!

So gutted :(

Monaro VXR
:(

Not having much luck with that clio are ya?

But on the bright side you at least get door pins! mine just has a piece of plastic where they should be :)

tiTTy & SV650
not good, ned scum! all fun and games till they kill someone or the car veers and hits them! did you report it to the police?