ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats high mileage on a clio?

Just woundering what i high mileage for a 1.2 clio is really? because ive just reached 52000 and im starting to have little problems like SERV little staying on and my car kept cutting out the other day and last night i was on the motorway and it started to loose power so i turned it off and on not sure if it was to do with the really wet weather or what! but anyways what sort of mileage is where its concidered high for a 1.2 like how many more miles before i start getting bigger problems etc..

If that makes sense lol

Chris

ph1 172 Black
Coil packs are often bad on 1.2s.

If got a 172 on 110k so I'd say engines are good for a lot more the 50ks

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I took in part ex a driving school car once, a 1.2 8v clio. It had 160,000 miles on it!!

Theres loads of life left in yours mate.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Martins old 1.2 16v was good till 130000 when he got it and then drove teh tits off it till it blew!!

haha! i got it at 115k or there abouts, hammered f**k out it untill 140k by this time the waterpump was gone, useless and then the cambelt went, not sure if the waterpump seazed or something causing this?

£150 later i stuck another 1.2 16v lump with 50k in it from a 2001 car and it was fine when i sold it! still see it about every day!

second engine was no where near as quick as the first one!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah lol, if i had just replaced the pump and belt it would have been fine and still going today i bet! it needed a rocker cover gasket too but other than that it was perfect! never had 1 mechanical failure apart from coilpack and a cv joint braking and destroying the box (had steel wheels on for winter and was doing burnouts for a laugh so my fault lol) other than that not 1 fault in its 3yrs and 140k!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Just woundering what i high mileage for a 1.2 clio is really? because ive just reached 52000 and im starting to have little problems like SERV little staying on and my car kept cutting out the other day and last night i was on the motorway and it started to loose power so i turned it off and on not sure if it was to do with the really wet weather or what! but anyways what sort of mileage is where its concidered high for a 1.2 like how many more miles before i start getting bigger problems etc..

If that makes sense lol

Chris

Lol please dont tell me that u did this whilst u were still rolling down the motorway?? lol

Astra Sxi
my car has done 137k however im on my second engine. the middle mount of my exhaust is just hanging off, iv got strange knockin noice when i turn whilst i put my foot down. i got a sun roof that rattles like s**t! part from that its going pretty well! oh it idles rather low 2, feels like its gonna stall

Shed.
after 85k its fucked.

small petrol engines arent much good after 100k tbh/.

btw, look at your wiring loom at the back of the engine, see the black box, and take it off to see if it has been rubbing into the wires, if it had tape it up. problem solved. Arron is chatting s**t, it cost a fortune to get that done. I had the same problem, found the ect cover wedgeb down the back of my engine, along with my engine cover which was down the front and was burned from the radiator. Had it untill 53k iirc.

Last edited:
  CB600FS
Depends how its looked after, the car and the engine that is, I've seen cars with 20k on in worse condition that one with 100k on and 3/4 years older.

Laguna 2, Westfield
after 85k its f**ked.

small petrol engines arent much good after 100k tbh/.

What a load of rubbish, especially on newer cars of the last 10 years or so.
A 1998 fiesta 1.25 16v or clio 1.4 16v(2000) shape will go on for well over 100k if you just service it right.. Its only really the old naff engines like fords 1.1/1.3 hcs (40 years old design)that used to be rough and worn out by anything near 100k.