ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats it for #2

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Anyone notice on the 16V, on the wiper stalk, there is a button right on the end of the stalk, with a little diagram of a couple of arrows?

Had the car nearly two years and still cant figure it out! Anyone know?

190 BHP Willy 2

i asked ages ago and was told it is something to do with the immobiliser, and presses of the button and accelerator to de-activate the immobiliser.

But someone please correct me if im wrong.

Scott

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Sorry, the only thing I can contribute to this is that on a 172 its the trip computer.

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Erm....F knows - last time it got pressed, it snowed.......magic weather?>

Could be immobilser....might give it a go...

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

maybe its to start/stop rattles in renaults ? maybe like tration control its switched on by default and this button will turn off the standard fit "Rattles" ???

Not having a Valver, I dunno... but I think I read somewhere it changes the dash readout (where it says outside temp on most peoples).

This was on a Renault 19 16v, so maybe its just on them - Anyone with a 19 confirm?

Daz.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

I think it changes the display on the reno 19...trip computer and temp etc. Ive heard that it can deactivate the immobilisor but it seems a bit daft. Easily found out by theiving scum!

190 BHP Willy 2

adams_2k

Its only easy if you know the sequence, such as 10 presses of button 4 of accelerator, 5 of button 9 of accelerator.

I tried to get the code from Renault, asked my local dealer they said they couldnt help me, and didnt think renault uk would be able too either.

Ben j

I think only the 95 onwards clios had it mate.

Scott

Subaru WRX

My old phase 2 M95 Clio also had that button that seemed to do nothing when pressed, I thought at first it might have been something to do with the intermitant wiper speed, but was wrong. After finally giving in and reading the owners handbook it said it was related to the immobiliser, still seemed to work even after it had been pressed!!!

I had my clio for 5 years and never figured out how to use it !!

Mark.

yeah on my 19 16v (93 L) the button on the end of the wiper stalk controls the trip computer,

gallons of petrol, miles till fill up, mileage counter, mpg, average speed, temperature(stuck on 122 degrees)

BMW 320d Sport

The weird button is from a R19 trip computer thing. I wasnt aware that Clios ever had that button on their stalks. But maybe Im wrong? Anyway either Renault put a 19 stalk on later Clios even though they already had a perfectly good almost identical Clio one, without the extra useless button; or at some stage in the past, your Clio stalk has been replaced for some reason with a 19 stalk from a scrappy?

On a 95> Clio 16v its for the immobilizer as already stated. Used in conjunction with the accelerator to enter the code. Lets you start the car if the plip stops working.

190 BHP Willy 2

No definately original and for the immobiliser nick.

If you press it with accelerator the immobiliser light disappears, soon comes back though coz i dont know the code.

Scott

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

MMM...is the round turnable switch on the back of the stereo volume remote for the trip computer? Mine only shows the temp...not MPGs or anything like that..

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

No that switch changes through your pre set radio stations.

Your car didnt have a trip computer. Didnt come onto Clio until Clio2. Phase 1,2 and 3 dont have the trip computer, that gives mpg fuel comsumption and all that jazz.