ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats it worth? Broken Samsung TV & new TV advice.

Suzuki Ignis
Ive got a 42" Samsung PS42A457P1D, which has lasted a few years and recently the colours started to go a bit funny. Alternating red, green & blue cast over the whole screen,not fast, it would be one colour for a few days, then another ect. Luckily it was insured and they have deemed it a write off so have given us £800 to spend on a new one, but it has to be from Littlewoods. So first question is;

What TV to get for £800 from Littlewoods? Must be of similar size.

Then we can buy back the old one but tbh this problem doesnt happen all the time, just randomly every now and again and I will just use it to plug my laptop into. I think when it changes too, I could just adjust the white balance to suit the cast, not sure on that though. But I have to make and offer to them to buy it back.
So second question is;

Whats the old one worth? Its been deemed beyond economical repair... Only parts on ebay, not full broken TV's. I dont have a clue tbh.

Thanks.

Polo + Micra
for the 800 i'd go for this

i don't think i'd bother with the hassle of the old tv unless it was for something silly like £20

1.8 Civic EX
for the 800 i'd go for this

i don't think i'd bother with the hassle of the old tv unless it was for something silly like £20

800 for that is far too much surely?!?! I got the ue40c5100 a few months back for £500 and the only difference with this one is the built in Freeview is HD rather than SD

Polo + Micra
oh yeah dont get me wrong it is way over priced but he said it had to be from littlewoods

Suzuki Ignis
I know there all overprice from there but it has to be from Littlewoods unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion Dink.

They've now given me a price of £150 for the old one :dead: Just gunna argue it down to as low as I can as the 'issue' isnt even an issue atm, though Im sure it will be back. Even if I stripped it myself and sold bits on, I could probably make more than the £150.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
My old samsung did this, I went out and bought a new one but got the old one fixed for £60 and flogged it :)