ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats P.S.

Alternators:

ALTERNATOR 70AMP RENAULT 90-97 CLIO 1.8, SUPER 5. WITH P.S NO AC
WITH P.A.S

ALTERNATOR 70AMPS RENAULT 91-98 CLIO 1.8 WITHOUT P.S & A.C
WITH P.A.S

Both are with PAS and wihtout AC, but the difference is wiht or wihtout PS....and i cant think for the life of me what that runs, the only thhigns being run off the fan belt are the water pump, alternator, and the PAS pump

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 02 August 2005
Ask your dealer?

Cheers for that really helpful comment there Pete, my local parts department doesnt even know what a heatsheild is, they are gonna be lost at sea if i ask them what PS refers to

PS tensioner I think!! check whether there is a tensioner pully somewhere along the belts travel. if there is you need one with ps!

I was well aware you were making a point, now if i had posted up asking for a price on an alternator from renault you woudl ahve been rihgt in making a point, but i actually rang them up and asked them, they are £118+vat, it took me all of 2 minutes.

Cheers Justy, since mine is tensioned via the alternator then i guess mine is wihtout a tensioner pully

172 cup'd extreme

PS is power steering which is driven by the aux belt or driven by the engine
PAS is power ass steering where there is an electrical motor doing it - therefore needing a larger cap alternator

Quote: Originally posted by 16v_jon on 02 August 2005

PS is power steering which is driven by the aux belt or driven by the engine
PAS is power ass steering where there is an electrical motor doing it - therefore needing a larger cap alternator
?? so this one has both??!!

ALTERNATOR 70AMP RENAULT 90-97 CLIO 1.8, SUPER 5. WITH P.S NO AC
WITH P.A.S