ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's the best air filter

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
K-Tec/Pipercross if you insist on spending money, paper one needs to be changed every 3 days.;)

Although a pair of tights over the throttle body works quite well.:evil:

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Paper! Only reason I have a foam one is it was cheaper than the paper one at the time.

Ph2 Clio 172
K-Tec/Pipercross if you insist on spending money, paper one needs to be changed every 3 days.;)

Paper one needs to be changed every service, foam one needs to be cleaned every service. Cleaning kit for a foam filter costs 3x as much as a brand new paper filter.

I stick by my previous statement.

Lionel Richie
you'd probably be better off with a pair of tights than a piperx filter!
Birmingham-20110601-00146.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Just as long as he doesn't buy an ITG panel filter, what a p*ssing waste of money that was.
Although I run a V6 box so my opinion doesn't count for sh*t because thats just a good noise maker. lol

One day i'll get the damn thing on a dyno to find out if any of them make a damn bit of difference,
I suspect not.:eek:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've tried various panel filter setups, a BMC and an ITG Maxogen (second hand!)

The Maxogen is by far the best. The others seem flat an hesitant at lower revs.
Pretty much any after market filter will probably cost you more than its 'worth' but if it makes you smile, its worth it :)