ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the best set up for handling?

RS 182 CUP
got h and r's on my clio its as low as it can go on the rear, and the front sits level with it. i can lower the front a lot more if needed. but i feel it could handle better, should i raise the rear? drop the front?? and my alignment is set to parallel, cant adjust camber either. what can i do with what ive got to improve it?

RS 182 CUP
i can do that myself mate, doesnt need corner weighting or nowt. just dont know wether to drop front/ raise rear etc

Stripped yozza'd cup
i can do that myself mate, doesnt need corner weighting or nowt. just dont know wether to drop front/ raise rear etc

Why ask and then not listen? Fred has given you the answer.... Camber bolts will allow you to have camber. Raising the rear might make the ride a little less crashy, but it will make little difference to the handling.

A geometry setup is what you need. Corner weighting is a bit pointless unless it's a race car, the weight distribution is always changing depending on passengers / luggage etc.

182cup & 172 racecar
Best thing for handling is not to have it's arse dragging the floor,Clio's like rake,get Fred to have a look at it,it will be worth it.

172 phase 1
1 spline adjustment on the 5GTT and early clios always gave them a real low rear, the later sprung beam is much better, not too low though!