ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the biggest size alloys you can fit on a 03 reg Clio?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Depends how big a tit you want to look as it will probably take 19's with serious arche work. However, if you fancied something much more respectable then stck to 16s or 17s and reserve the Clios renound sporty and enthusiastic handling.

Ziel Nurburgring
17's you can just about get away with, any bigger and it starts looking more John Deere than Renault.

muz

big fat japanese bus
I got 17s just fine no rubbing or anythign however somethines I think they look too big !

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
i had 17's on with it lowered 60mm and it was fine, 17's look too big for the car though..stick with 16's :D or even 15's :D

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
17s fit no problems, offset et 35-40.
Lower upto 70mm all round.

18s fit no problems, offset et 35-40.
Lower upto 35mm all round.

19s fit wit hshit guards removed, offset et 35-40.
Lowering means get the angle grinder out

J

JEFF4507

How about offset on 16s ?

I read somewhere that they'll take up to ET45.

I am looking at some wheels - 16x7/+42/4x100, you think they'd fit without any extras, then what about lowering ? Again, would need adjustability, and would get coilovers.

BTW, tyres I'm looking at were 195/50-R16. With these tyres the 7J is pretty much maximum before you start to comprimise drive handling. But 205/45 would make 7J the minimum, which is better ?? And would 205s affect the handling adversly, they're getting a little on the wide side for a Clio imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
i dont really know anything about 16s, ive always worked on the basis that if you want performance go with 15s and if you wana look good get 17's. Never really saw the point in 16s.

as for 205 being wide, im hoping to get 225's on mine :D

J

JEFF4507

lol. Well I want a different look, so new wheels, and I don't see any point in getting new 15s, if I wanted the same RR then I would sooner go for 16s with lo pros than 15s with standard wall tyres.

Either way, I really like these wheels I've found, and have never seen them in the UK before, let alone on a Clio, so I should have a decent look.

Have sent the company an email, so should order them in the next couple of weeks if all is well.

how do large wheels adversly affect performance. bigger diameter rims with lower profile tyres and a lighter weight would increase not decrease handling

yes 205 is width in mm next numbers is side wall as a percentage of width next is rim diameter in inches. running 235 30 18,s on my mk 1 16v with leda coil overs. and it handles well.

D

dick

ye bigger wheels have seen a VAST iprovement in handling for me

was 14s, now 17s

J

JEFF4507

How about performance ??

Did getting wider tyres degrade top speed or acceleration ???

dont know really. did not notice really. wider tyres helped acceleration as i get less wheel spin. quicker every where in between and the only limit on top end is the gearbox. as i said the tyres are within 0.4% of the originals so really should be the same. i am running about 300bhp though.

D

dick

i dont drive fast as iv only a 1.2

i just like the fact i dont have to brake, and can carry so much more speed round the corners

1.6 focus zetec....
Yes it will take an et45 and stil be dropable 60mm...possibly more but i havent tried that...

Kiza