ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the deal with this

Mazda MX5 1.8

ok every1 with new clios

1)what side of the car is ur door key?

2) what side of the car is ur bonnet opening lever?

Mazda MX5 1.8

yeah i was just wondering cos i was watching rev bob on men and motors and there was a clio which had the lock on the right

mine are both on the left too

The lock on the offside stopped about a year or so ago. The wipers on right hand drive cars have an additional arm that allows the offside wiper to sweep fruther up into the corner of the screen.

C4 Grand Picasso

My 2002 (Dec) Clio has locks on both doors, but a mate with a 2003 Clio (about a month newer) has only a left door lock, was this to save Renault money on locks, cant imagine that there are any weight or performance gains.

Weeman sucks ****

My cups got locks on both sides and bonnet lever on the left.

A few cars have their wipers on the opposite side, probably to save a lot of money for the machning and engineering costs etc...

I know it sounds a bit silly but the guy that decided to take the strike patch off of one side of the maych box saved billions!!! Listen t me, what a bod!

The 5 series BMW has the same set up (although without the extra movement bit) and the pug 206, theres probably more about like it.

My 2003 clio has locks on both sides, bonnet popper on the left. Had to look out the window to check mind you, never used the manual lock...

my lock is on the left, as is my boot handle. Its better that it doesnt have a lock on the drivers side cos car theives would ram a screw driver into that (not realising the lock on the passenger side.

instead of smashing the window which is cheaper.

guys at work has it on both - authentique.

My Ragnotti has door locks on both sides. Bonnet release on the left of course...

They must have figured that with the weight saved from deleting the rear wiper, they could well afford locks on both sides...

Mine has locks on both doors and the bonnet release is on the left like it should be :D

And the wipers work the proper way too when theyre not frozen to the glass!!

Stanced Honda S2000

also, dont know if uve all noticed but if u get steamed up, the passenger side clears quicker than the drivers side. set up for left hand.