ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the latest 1/4 mile times eveybody is getting..

big boost cup
I should be mid to low 11s this year waiting for some better weather before it comes out to play tho

53 Clio's & counting
Last one I had at Pod was my Black Ph1 on bodies, ran 14.2, but that was with half a tank, 26 degree heat, and it was still fully furnished inside - some sticky tyres, less fuel and some light strippage I'm sure 13's would have been easy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I love the way every 1/4 mile thread on the internet about times you have run, always turns instead into a "take a guess at what you could run if loads of things were different" FLOL

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I love the way every 1/4 mile thread on the internet about times you have run, always turns instead into a "take a guess at what you could run if loads of things were different" FLOL

SO TRUE ^^^^ everyone thinks extra 1/2 sec is REAL EASY to get in reality its NOT !!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Last quarter I ran was 12.9@85mph, which should confuse a few people, lol, but that was a nova not a clio.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That's incredible! What's the 60ft time on that Chip?

I dont recall, but the 330ft I know was 5.3, cause I can remember it was quicker than speckys and he did an 11.3, so to join in the "it would have been" club I guess the car could have run a 10 probably.

This was that run:
MF4M9621a.jpg

Apologies for the off topic!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is it still alive?

Yeah it was only an engine bay fire, thats why I still drove across the line, to get to the fire marshall who put it out, only real damage was the loom got burned, engine itself survived which I was pleased about having just spent over 10K on building it, lol.

Its now on a totally different engine though, its on a saab turbo instead, where as that one was a turbo vauxhall XE engine. Total opposite ends of the cost spectrum, lol

So your engine was on fire but you still just carried on driving across the line hahaha that's brilliant. Guess there's not much else you could have done though apart from get our and run and that could have cost you the entire car!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
So your engine was on fire but you still just carried on driving across the line hahaha that's brilliant. Guess there's not much else you could have done though apart from get our and run and that could have cost you the entire car!

Exactly mate, I knew the quickest way to a fire martial with an extinguisher was to just keep my foot in, so after I initially backed off when I saw the flames, I just put my foot back down again and cruised the rest of the way to see the marhall who kindly put it out for me!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
1.789 iirc that was on slicks though. It comes off the line cleanly just doesn't have the power top track hence nitrous being added

Thats a pretty respectable 60ft, can certainly see where the tyres are helping there.

Must admit as Ive only ever run quarter miles in road legal cars Ive never seen the point in slicks personally, as I go to the quarter to see what my road car can do but if you then have to run on tyres that arent allowed on the road it seems a bit irrelevant.

big boost cup
Legal in the states ;) I see what you mean though with the tires. I couldn't get any better than a 12.8 on 888s hence the move to slicks.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Legal in the states ;)

I suspect the tyres would be but your car wouldnt be, lol

I see what you mean though with the tires. I couldn't get any better than a 12.8 on 888s hence the move to slicks.

It gets to the point where you start either trying to find one more tenth on road tyres with lots of tweaks and changes to the car, or just bolt on a set of slicks and run a second faster, its easy to see why so many people take the easy option, and there is nothing wrong with that, its just not something Ive an interest in myself.

big boost cup
Cars still on the road. Them times have all been at Shakespeare country raceway. Not managed to run at the pod yet

big boost cup
its the Rotrex that K tec use on there conversions. yeah fully forged engine vw gearbox and has has results from 291 to 331 and around 250 toques