ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the point in this....

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
Just fitted a new panel filter and at first i thought it was in the plastic box thats circled, turns out its not, anyway what the hell does that box thing do? looks like it gets in the way to me...

Attachments

• image086.jpg
    image086.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 111

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
ha^ sorry. Ive found out is a 'resonator' box to quieten down the engine. Surely its restricting air flow to the engine though was was thinking about replacing it with just a straight through piece of piping...

edit: bit more searching reveals this has indeed been tried. will give it a bash, see whats its like....

Last edited:
  Charged Superleggera
mate the airbox houses the air fiilter. if you take the box off you will have no airfilter and your throttle body will get clogged up with crap

Astra Twintop
thats a resonator box

the air box is at the back of the engine. i had mine off with a CAF to the airbox.
Then got rid of the lot for a Simota Induction Kit!

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
thats a resonator box

the air box is at the back of the engine. i had mine off with a CAF to the airbox.
Then got rid of the lot for a Simota Induction Kit!

ok cool, what was it like before you got the simota on though? any change, guessing its just a tad louder...

Astra Twintop
Just a bit louder mate. Cant remember that far back.
My induction kit only a ton from K-Tec