ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats the problem?

campus sport 1.2 16v
Hi everyone,just a bit of advice needed here-my clio is due for its first mot in june 09,but at the last service i had done [june this year] everything was fine but the mechanic pointed out that the outside of the tread on the rear passenger side tyre was fairly worn. My tyres are the standard conti premium contact,and as you all probably know there is a deep tread,one on the inside and one on the outside,this being the one that has nearly worn level with the rest of the tyre,so why is this,and should i replace it now or wait until june,and when i do replace it should i use the spare from the boot,and save myself an extra 80 quid ish?

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Personally i would replace it as soon as possible,if you use the spare then you only end up with a crap tyre for your spare.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
as far as wear goes maybe check the tracking/camber of the wheels. If its a question of cash ive been guilty of using a spare to get it through its mot before lol

campus sport 1.2 16v
hi mate,yeah thats what i was thinking,no use it being in the boot anyway cos i cant fit a tyre-totally useless at owt like that!

i had this really bad before i replaced mine, i had loads of tread but the outside was completely worn

people said it was due to going round corners to fast....but i dont

campus sport 1.2 16v
me neither,wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that my 4 year old daughter sits at that side,in her seat?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
both my rears were like this when i replaced them. i did jut put it down to driving like a tit though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd use the spare, never see the point in carting around a brand new tyre.