ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this button?

03 172 cup,97 supra
9917756a8d88e235389e6b1c55792405.jpg
it's located beside the battery. Has a rubber cover. Can't get the car started and wasn't sure if this was a cut off or something. Not getting any fuel when cranking.

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Push the button in and try again, believe its a fuel cut off, if the button pops up your car won't start.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It's a fuel cutoff reset switch.

If you have a hard knock, you might trip the fuel cutoff (The sensor is in the switch). If all is OK, then you can reset the fuel cutoff by pressing the switch.

How do I know? I once (unknowingly) dropped a work light on it, which tripped it, and then I spent the next hour trying to work out why the bloody car wouldn't start.

03 172 cup,97 supra
No fuel when cranking could be all sorts of things .
Bridge the wire and see what happens is the same as pushing it in .
Hi, today i checked to see if it was getting power at the plug of the fuel cut and no. So i ran a wire from the plug to the battery and the pump kicked in but i assume has no spark as didn't start. Thinking could be a immobiliser problem but the red light goes out and isn't flashing when cranking

172 Ph1
The fuel cut , cuts the live circuit from the relay to the pump.

If there isn't any power at the pin of the fuel cut sensor , then trace it back to the relay which is in the fuse box next to the battery .
Look for the same colour wire from the relay that's the same colour as the fuel cut switch .

As the relay also controls the power circuit for the coil pack , either it's a shitty relay or contact issue , or the immobiliser is not allowing the relays to function as there are two that are ECU controlled
Let me know how you get on.

03 172 cup,97 supra
The fuel cut , cuts the live circuit from the relay to the pump.

If there isn't any power at the pin of the fuel cut sensor , then trace it back to the relay which is in the fuse box next to the battery .
Look for the same colour wire from the relay that's the same colour as the fuel cut switch .

As the relay also controls the power circuit for the coil pack , either it's a shitty relay or contact issue , or the immobiliser is not allowing the relays to function as there are two that are ECU controlled
Let me know how you get on.
Great thanks for the info . will try again on fri [emoji2]

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
Sounds daft, but from my personal experience with these I've found you have to disconnect the battery in order to get it to reset itself.
406 couple v6 was like this...
My Vivaro is the same as I found out a few weeks ago...

03 172 cup,97 supra
Sounds daft, but from my personal experience with these I've found you have to disconnect the battery in order to get it to reset itself.
406 couple v6 was like this...
My Vivaro is the same as I found out a few weeks ago...
Yeah had the battery disconnected:-(

03 172 cup,97 supra
Take the switch off, tap/knock it against something, to reset it, put it back in...

When you depress the button do you hear or feel it click??
These are generally very simple to reset though to be fair
The fuel cut switch isn't getting any power at the plug. Ran a wire from the plug to the battery and pump kicked in. No spark either