ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats tools will i need?

Clio 16v mk1
Wanting to buy some tools for doing work on my clio 16v.
Wondering if someone can help by telling me what tools i would most frequently use on a renault clio?
i.e. most frequently used socket sizes etc
As don't wanna waste money on tools ill never use.
Please Help :)

Just buy a good decinet sized Halfrods tool kit saying you won't use say 1/2 inch bolts (cars french remember so its all metric) isn't applicable as rusted nuts etc means other sized sockets can somtimes fit better.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
a decent socket set (halfords are pretty good, dont let the name put you off!)

dont forget a set of TORX drivers, although they are more for doing interior work

S2000
As above I would get the halford 150 piece pro set if you can stretch to it and then buy other stuff as and when you need it. You will always find you need new bits and pieces for new jobs until you have done loads of things tbh.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Compressor, Air Tools + impact sockets and a torque wrench.

Cheaper than you think, i got a 10bar pressor for less than £140

172 cup'd extreme
8, 10, 13, 16, 18, 19mm spanners
8, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 19, 21, 30mm sockets (deep and short) 3/8ths or 1/2 inch your choice decent rachet and shot to long extentions.
21mm swan neck spanner
breaker bar
torx from 10 to 50
mole grips
screw drivers (both kinds)
some clios use female type torx
size 8 square sump plug tool for sump and gearbox
claw type oil filter remover (if 1.2's use large mole grips)
hammer

If your getting torx keys, make sure they are ones for removing tamperproof torx, partly because they will come in handy at some point.