ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats wrong with my car

From wehat you have described sounds like unburnt fuel is being thrown into the exhaust (not good for the cat at all)

Its either gunna be in order of most likely (in my opinion of course)

Coilpack/s
Plugs
Leads
TDC sensor (unlikely though)

none :(
Dudley mate, but i cant drive my car and i work during the week so find it hard to get down there, a friend of mine said he can sort it so shouldnt be too dear

clio 16v
do you do alot of short trips?

an eggy smell can be caused by sulphur collected in the cat as it doesn't get chance to burn up on the shorter journeys. may explain the smell

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
1)the shaking is a misfire obviously

to be honest you could try a coilpack then spark plugs, if not probs an injector, if your not good with the spanners and cant really try diagnose it yourself swapping bits round etc i would recomend take it to a garage!

clio 1.5
how many miles has it done ??? my clio burned all its pistons so it had no compression hense the misfiring if your not mechanicly minded get a m8 or some 1 who is get the head off and have a look at the pistons my clio is a 53 and i bought a second hand engine to replace it roughly the same miles and ages and it had done the same got stiffed out of 600 quid not happy lol