ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite car related YouTube channel?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
This chap is worth a watch If you like to see down to earth guys within the motor trade. Fairly new channel - he trades from home but has just taken on a small site to expand which he's documenting.

Brilliant - channels like this are right up my street. Cheers!

Cads

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, Merc C180 Est
I’ve been working my through his videos, I quite like his stuff. I’d like a bit more info on the costs and then profit.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I signed up to his Patreon a couple of months back, properly enjoying his stuff.
Was looking forward to the early access stuff too until I fell behind within a few days 😂. Never mind, still happy to contribute towards his channel.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Really enjoying this guys vids. His projects range from normal to mental.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'll assume this guy is in the thread somewhere, he's been getting recommended on a lot of home pages.

Not sure on his back story etc and I don't think he's a "driver", but his location is really putting his content out there. His video put together and calmness is impressive.

I really only watch catchpole when he posts something or harry sometimes.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I'll assume this guy is in the thread somewhere, he's been getting recommended on a lot of home pages.

Not sure on his back story etc and I don't think he's a "driver", but his location is really putting his content out there. His video put together and calmness is impressive.

I really only watch catchpole when he posts something or harry sometimes.

Apart from him wearing his batman on the wrong wrist, unbelievable production quality and content. Jealous.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Watching some caddy and t5 stuff on potty.. dan chambers normally.

However.

DTE TV seems to fill that space quite well at the minute… ahhh yeh..

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I've just come across this cracking channel. The slightly unenthusiastic but very lovable chap who seems to be unable to hold a camera still or use tools properly has some very watchable videos where he sometimes fixes things, sometimes breaks things and sometimes paints rusty stuff before purchasing more rusty stuff, I shall subscribe and push many like buttons to help him along.

@Jason_E hope you get it fixed mate (y)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Anyone watch Autoalex? I'm conflicted, because I like the content, but the guy really f**king annoys me.
Nope..

he’s another talker, does absolutely fk all but waffle and get other people to do work. I don’t understand what his channel is for, it’s not even potty tv.

Dan chambers built his own kitchen unit in this camper from scratch, fitted windows, wiring, door swap, seat conversions, heater install, engine repairs.

Auto Alex would drop it off and waffle bolloxs while someone else fits it… He has nothing to offer…

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Nope..

he’s another talker, does absolutely fk all but waffle and get other people to do work. I don’t understand what his channel is for, it’s not even potty tv.

Dan chambers built his own kitchen unit in this camper from scratch, fitted windows, wiring, door swap, seat conversions, heater install, engine repairs.

Auto Alex would drop it off and waffle bolloxs while someone else fits it… He has nothing to offer…

I don't see a massive issue with him getting other people to do the work on the one hand, as not everyone is mechanically minded. That said, it does surprise me at times how useless a lot of motoring journalists/content creators are at spannering. Was reading an article about one of the PH staffers Mini earlier and he paid a garage to fit springs for him. Follow a lot of them on social media and most of them seem to just pay people to work on their cars. Seems weird really, and a bit at odds with how a lot of car enthusiasts are.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I don't see a massive issue with him getting other people to do the work on the one hand, as not everyone is mechanically minded. That said, it does surprise me at times how useless a lot of motoring journalists/content creators are at spannering. Was reading an article about one of the PH staffers Mini earlier and he paid a garage to fit springs for him. Follow a lot of them on social media and most of them seem to just pay people to work on their cars. Seems weird really, and a bit at odds with how a lot of car enthusiasts are.
Smith and sniff are a good example of how different some of them are.

Jonny smith does loads of work on his cars (well used to before his YT stuff went mental), whereas Richard Porter has admitted he can’t do anything, said he’d be s**t scared to even touch the simplest of things like brakes.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Then I don’t understand what they’re for…

I’m a guy, watching a guy, watching another guy…

That’s worse than someone telling me about their day at work…..in detail

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
That's a bit extreme maybe. You can still be knowledgeable and talk about something with authority, even if you aren't totally "hands-on". Someone like Chris Harris or Henry Catchpole wouldn't be any good at fixing a car, but I would put a certain amount of faith in their assessment of how a car drives, while there are people who understand the market for certain cars, history and heritage etc etc.

Alex doesn't bother me that much, as he is quite enthusiastic, and his content is more about having fun, doing silly things and going on adventures. It's not something I'd watch a lot of, but I can see why it appeals to some.

I think it's the ones who just buy fancy cars that I don't get. People like Supercar Blondie, or Shmee150 to an extent. While you can't knock them for putting in the work and being successful, I can't understand what people get out of watching someone buying expensive cars, but not really being knowledgeable enough to speak about them beyond what the press release has told them.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I think it's the ones who just buy fancy cars that I don't get. People like Supercar Blondie, or Shmee150 to an extent. While you can't knock them for putting in the work and being successful, I can't understand what people get out of watching someone buying expensive cars, but not really being knowledgeable enough to speak about them beyond what the press release has told them.
Same.

Also, your last bit...
Pretty much the same walking into a mainstream car dealership (at least... When I used to). Zero clue about the product.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
That's a bit extreme maybe. You can still be knowledgeable and talk about something with authority, even if you aren't totally "hands-on". Someone like Chris Harris or Henry Catchpole wouldn't be any good at fixing a car, but I would put a certain amount of faith in their assessment of how a car drives, while there are people who understand the market for certain cars, history and heritage etc etc.

Alex doesn't bother me that much, as he is quite enthusiastic, and his content is more about having fun, doing silly things and going on adventures. It's not something I'd watch a lot of, but I can see why it appeals to some.

Same with Jayemm. Mechanically completely and unashamedly incompetent, but understands how to drive a car and makes good conclusions.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Seems most people like that Alex then? Just not my kind of dude. Met many people like him... all about the 'banter' lol.

Gone off watching Mat Armstrong too as he just smiles all the time which makes me want to punch his face, but apart from that he's actually fine.

I'm really just about High Peak Autos & The Late Brake Show really, with a touch of Odd Autos. Oh and Carwow is alright, but I really only watch the drag races.

Is there any more people that review/do up older cheaper cars?

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Seems most people like that Alex then? Just not my kind of dude. Met many people like him... all about the 'banter' lol.

Gone off watching Mat Armstrong too as he just smiles all the time which makes me want to punch his face, but apart from that he's actually fine.

I'm really just about High Peak Autos & The Late Brake Show really, with a touch of Odd Autos. Oh and Carwow is alright, but I really only watch the drag races.

Is there any more people that review/do up older cheaper cars?
What are high peak autos videos about. Think I watched half of one ages ago and it was basically a car review

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
He's gotten into a bit of a routine with these, 'I bought a cheap...' series. Cars for a couple of grand, hoping they're not fucked, which they usually are! It's just funny/interesting seeing how some of them work out. 20 minutes long or so, perfect with a cuppa lol (y)

Also does some random ones like 'A day in the life of...' and garage tours etc.

Have to say though he has a terrible taste in cars (personally, not necessarily the ones he buys)

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3

It's his silly laugh that's put me off watching, plus it feels like he's constantly shouting at the camera.

I've started watching the Nightrider guys, few polish mates with some projects cars - just done a 5 parter in Japan

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Does anyone watch Overdrive? Another standard format of 3 fellas dicking around with cars.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm really just about High Peak Autos

What are high peak autos videos about. Think I watched half of one ages ago and it was basically a car review

He talks like he's had a brain injury, far too slow for me. And slightly condescending, which he probably doesn't mean to be, but it f***s me off. Plus it's same s**t episode after episode "I took this banger in on part ex, hope it isn't a wreck" and it is. How is he taking it as a part ex if he hasn't even looked at it?

It's his silly laugh that's put me off watching, plus it feels like he's constantly shouting at the camera.

Chris Slix is his mate and he's a little less shouty, but with lower spec cars