ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's your favourite pc game?

WOW is the most played PC game. Can't be bothered playing it myself, would prob end up hooked.

I mostly play battlefield 2, the game is awesome. Also when I have time I load up Oblivion, the game is just so big but, I doubt I'll ever finish it hehe.

HL2 is good, although havent played css much. Used to be cs loads, started in like beta 4...old school:) but compared to battlefield, css is pretty boring. HL2 Lost coast is good for cranking up the settings on my lovely pc and seeing a rather gorgeous game. HDTV's and xbox eat your heart out:)

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I used to like playing Hero Quest on the Amiga. It was the only Dungeons and Dragons type game I ever really got into. Excellent fun! Think I played it to death abit though, but hey, what are games for eh? ;) lol

Silver 172 PhII
Revels106 said:
New Football Manager soon Dave!! :approve:

It does take up day after day tho. I always liked the little counter that told you how long you'd been playing!

The MD of Sports Interactive, who make FM and made all the original CM games, used to play for my football team and I still see him at Watford games every week (he has the season ticket for the seat in front of me). He is, unsurprisingly, a computer game addict and always has either his PSP or DS on him....

My mrs plays Sims 2 all the time, I play Sim City 4 and FM when I get the chance....

Quake is my fav game of all time (1st one that is!) but COD2 I also love at the moment and C&C Generals with Zero Hour. Got HL2, but never really got into it or CS

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah, has to be Football Manager 2006 (with all the trimmings, Face Packs, new skins, data updates etc etc) or the Command and Conquer series (excluding Renegade). Awesome.

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I like a few games now such as NFS MW, I used to play CS 1.6 in a pro clan, got loads of free stuff AMD CPU's nVIDIA GFX etc. but got out of that about 9 months ago and am leaving that behind.
Playing CS for 14 hours a day is no good :p (any more)
My latest thing is classic game emulators and going back to the games I used to play when I was a kid is such a blast! :D

generals zero hour has been getting alot of play time recentely

i love playing roller coaster tycoon 3 too and gt legends is ace :D

my favourite game though on the p.c anyway a random first person shooter called terminator:future shock, ooooooooold now but i love that game :D

Punto/Clio GTT
Darren S said:
My m8 said the same. I've not played it myself, but it looks good from the web site.

D.

i had guildwars on day of uk release.

graphics are some of the best ive ever seen in a game.

gameplay is pretty damn awesome, pvp/pvm,

lifespan - terrible, was bored of it after a month, completed it 4 or 5 times with various player combinations... it got just boring..

guildwars 2 is out but i aint gonna buy it as i know ill just get bored in no time

Just now my favourite games are Prey, Call of Duty 2 & F.E.A.R. but any shooter is good for me. Half-Life and all that it spawned rocks major league too.

I do have a soft spot for the classics but when you play them today they totally suck c**k.

If I had to choose an all time best game I think it would be Ocarina of Time. I dont think any other game has drawn me in so deeply. For pure fun and social MP it would be Mario Kart. for sheer perfecetion of my fave genre of shooters it would probably be HL2...FarCry also rocked.

I love all shooters basically :D

My fave games change from year to year. It's cool to just enjoy all of them IMO.

best game of all time is final fantasy 7

although i will admit gran turismo 1 and 2 changed my life LOL well one did classic

and the first metal gear solid on the ps1

The best fun I've had for online multiplayer was Medal of Honor and perhaps Half-Life. The guys I use to play with are long gone though :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Final_Maxim said:
i had guildwars on day of uk release.

graphics are some of the best ive ever seen in a game.

gameplay is pretty damn awesome, pvp/pvm,

lifespan - terrible, was bored of it after a month, completed it 4 or 5 times with various player combinations... it got just boring..

guildwars 2 is out but i aint gonna buy it as i know ill just get bored in no time

Is Guild Wars based on a monthly subscription service?

D.

R

rich[182]

Best PC shooter imho = Farcry
Also loved all MOH, COD, COD2, F.E.A.R, Brothers In Arms, Commandos Strike Force, Half Life 1 and Star Wars Republic Commando

Getting F.E.A.R Extraction Point and HL2 next

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
space quest series from 4 upwards and monkey island lol

A red missile
My Faves are Quake4 and Halo but the absolute top of the pile for me is Unreal Tournament 2004 especially with the pure pwnage soundpack, every time i hear fps doug shout ooo hoo hoo take that b1tch it still makes me laugh, childish but there you go :)

63/500 said:
Yeah, theres probably a point in there somewhere, anyone care to help me out as to where it is?

try tuning and mechanical ................so many different levels to complete .
do u want more ?????

306 XLd
Sensible World of soccer fav PC game and Fav amiga game aswell, only 96/97 season on pc and 94/95 on Amigia. Have my A600 set up with the monitor in my room just for that oh and Grand Prix 1, love cannon fodder and lotus challege have 2 did have 3 but i think disk corrupted.

Octavia VRS
Championship Manager 93 was the first game I was really addicted to. Got the recent Football Manager Game but haven't played it much tbh

Grand Prix 1 was quality. Geoff Hammond iirc?

_Kenny_ said:
Championship Manager 93 was the first game I was really addicted to. Got the recent Football Manager Game but haven't played it much tbh

Grand Prix 1 was quality. Geoff Hammond iirc?[/quote]

yep, then when grand prix 2 came out, it was like WOW! look at the details on that!!! lol

now grand prix 2 looks crap, and grand prix 4 looks amazing :)

World of Warcraft is pretty amazing - lots of effort with lots of reward. Oblivion is totaly immersive and the graphics are outstanding - you need a proper beefy machine to run it though. I used to love all The C&C games - Mamouth tanks are the way forward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unreal Tournement was also realy really cool - however, who can forget the D-Day landing ion Omha beech in Meddle of Honour Allied Assault? when i first played that it blew my little socks off!!!!! oh, and graphically rendering some dude next to you on the transport boat, throwing up, another being shot in the head and a plane flying over and blowing up the boat next to you was very clever.

Darren S said:
Yep, still the best RTS game on the PC, imo. Set a standard that has yet to be bettered. Have you seen the latest vids and screenshots of C&C3?

http://www.gamershell.com/pc/command_conquer_3_tiberium_wars/screenshots.html

D.

Have you seen the decade pack for C&C? I got that from Game for £20 the other week and have been abusing it big time! lol

C&C3 looks amazing, cant wait for that. When they doing another Age of Empires too, love those games!

MOHAA too, cant believe I forgot about that seeing how we were number 1 clan on clan base for fookin' ages! God that was mental back in the day, but alas cheaters ruined it for everyone... even a few of our own guys were at it and then everyone (me included) sacked it off... :(

Punto/Clio GTT
Darren S said:
Is Guild Wars based on a monthly subscription service?

D.

nah free.

really good game. you advance along the world following the story, meeting people in the towns, selling/buying and organising groups for quests that may be in that town.

pretty tactical, you get some newbie running and aggroing things then you will get hamshanked.

just once youve completed it, thats it, boring as hell, i went into pvp and started pvping the americans and koreans with team europe, good fun, but full of kids :\

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Final_Maxim said:
nah free.

really good game. you advance along the world following the story, meeting people in the towns, selling/buying and organising groups for quests that may be in that town.

pretty tactical, you get some newbie running and aggroing things then you will get hamshanked.

just once youve completed it, thats it, boring as hell, i went into pvp and started pvping the americans and koreans with team europe, good fun, but full of kids :\

Nice - might give that one a try at some point....

Bradus - have you played GTR or GTL yet? Much, much better than TOCA, m8.

D.

A red missile
kullycliosport said:
try
menupop.gif
tuning and mechanical ................so many different levels to complete .
do u want more ?????

CLANG
oh dear, blonde moment :eek:

is there chicken in chick peas?

Striped track ****
Darren S said:
Nice - might give that one a try at some point....

Bradus - have you played GTR or GTL yet? Much, much better than TOCA, m8.

D.

nah mate i havent

might go out buy them if you recomend them

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
kullycliosport said:
hehe.........................v.good , but what came 1st the chicken or the egg :eek:

Talking of Chickens and Eggs, try playing Chicken Invaders 2. I got to level 73 and got over 4,000,000. It can give you a pretty bad case of temporary RSI but is bloody cooooool. ;)

DynamiqueDebz said:
Talking of Chickens and Eggs, try playing Chicken Invaders 2. I got to level 73 and got over 4,000,000. It can give you a pretty bad case of temporary RSI but is bloody cooooool. ;)

hehe...................dont play many games now , not enough time:eek: