ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WhatsApp (iPhone)

I'm using this app more and more (which most people are) and was wondering if there is anyway to lock the app or put a password onto the app?

FF RB 182
Yeah I wish you could aswell, annoying that it flashes up with who has sent you a message.. got me in trouble a few times.

Bus w**ker
You can disable notifications or mute certain conversations. But as far as I know, the only way you could achieve what you're after would be to jailbreak your phone.

FF RB 182
I've got android, I can mute group chats, but i can't turn off notifications.. even if i disable everything in the settings.. it still comes up along the top of the status bar who has sent me a messge.

I've got android, I can mute group chats, but i can't turn off notifications.. even if i disable everything in the settings.. it still comes up along the top of the status bar who has sent me a messge.

sounds like you need a second phone ;)

FF RB 182
It hasn't happened in a while as i've stopped talking to some people, I had a random email flash up on my phone when my GF was using it, she must of saw it but didn't mention anything, was a few months ago so been waiting for her to use it as ammunition in an argument but hasn't thank f**k. lol

Bus w**ker
LOL Smooth Ant.

I never understand when people with iMessage send me stuff through Whatsapp. But for my pauper friends or for the, quite frankly amazing, group chats it's awesome.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Smoother than a bottle nosed dolphin mate. We know her pics won't be as good as yours though.

it's not just the notifications - i've toggled mine (i can't even find the icon in settings anymore) and a banner STILL flashes at the top of the screen and still shows part of the message on the homescreen. I'd much prefer to hide (somewhere) WhatsApp for good - or some sort of passcode on it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Love whats app/iMessage for keeping in touch with friends when i'm in Germany, oddly data is free (just gos slow outside data limit) so it's all good.

Bus w**ker
Smoother than a bottle nosed dolphin mate. We know her pics won't be as good as yours though.

I set the bar high! Your move, Gemma.

it's not just the notifications - i've toggled mine (i can't even find the icon in settings anymore) and a banner STILL flashes at the top of the screen and still shows part of the message on the homescreen. I'd much prefer to hide (somewhere) WhatsApp for good - or some sort of passcode on it.

Go in to Whatsapp and change the notification settings there, including turning the preview off. Then in Settings (iPhone) change the notification settings there two. If that doesn't work, delete the app and stop trying to sleaze on birds behind your missus' back.

I set the bar high! Your move, Gemma.

Go in to Whatsapp and change the notification settings there, including turning the preview off. Then in Settings (iPhone) change the notification settings there two. If that doesn't work, delete the app and stop trying to sleaze on birds behind your missus' back.

Excuse me!!! just because i want to hide said app (which turns out to be more a case of turning off the previews) from anybody, doesn't mean i want to "sleaze behind my missus back"