ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whattsapp Transfer

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So going from Android to iphone. What's the best way of transferring stuff over guys?.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
You can't do it officially.

Unofficially there's an app called Backuptrans. I did it a couple of years ago when I went from Android to iPhone, website looks a bit sketchy but it transfers absolutely everything on Whatsapp.

PS, look into using Signal instead of Whatsapp for as many contacts as you can, it's more secure, you can transfer between platforms easily AND you can use it simultaneously on tablets and phones without having to use the web client.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Ok great. Just using an app to swap pics over takes about an hour, pics, contacts etc.

I assumed back whattapp up on my android phone then load up the app on the iphone and job done. It seems maybe not lol.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Ok great. Just using an app to swap pics over takes about an hour, pics, contacts etc.

I assumed back whattapp up on my android phone then load up the app on the iphone and job done. It seems maybe not lol.

Definitely not :)

Just follow the steps on that website, it was a couple of years ago I used it so make sure the current versions are supported etc. It worked fine for me though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Lol. That app will move it over. But it will also copy it all and stick into their data vault for sale. 😂

Be interested to know who created the app, who owns it and who has the rights to the data that you transfer via the app.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Lol. That app will move it over. But it will also copy it all and stick into their data vault for sale. 😂

Be interested to know who created the app, who owns it and who has the rights to the data that you transfer via the app.

Where did you read that?

I did a bit of checking before I actually went ahead with it and the app exists on my laptop which I don't remember alerting me to any internet access so I have no reason to think it sent anything to anyone else's server... Unless I'm remembering the events wrong.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Where did you read that?

I did a bit of checking before I actually went ahead with it and the app exists on my laptop which I don't remember alerting me to any internet access so I have no reason to think it sent anything to anyone else's server... Unless I'm remembering the events wrong.

This doesn’t look like a privacy statement that gives me a lot of confidence...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member

Nobody wants to steal the dick pics you send to @Yorkshire Pudding dont worry 👀