ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel and tyre size

Renault clio 172 cup
I am hoping to do some sprinting/hillclimb/track days in a Clio 172 cup would 15” rims and Toyo r888 tyres be ok

Clio 172 Merc ML55
In a word yes (as long as you have standard brakes, some 15's won't fit over 4 pot brembo calipers), 15's are generally preferred as they're lighter, tyres are cheaper and have a better selection too.

There are obviously other tyres out there as well as r888's, and people will say that x y or z are best, but a lot comes down to personal preference. Don't be afraid to buy 2nd hand tyres providing they're not excessively old, that's how I tried the likes of r888s, Dunlop Direzzas, Yoko A048 (again theres not much wrong AD08's or nankang ns2r's but they won't quite have the same 'bite' of a full semi slick) etc etc until I found some that suited my driving style.

Ads