ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel bearing gone

Ive had a quick read on some past posts and im 90% sure that one of my wheel bearings has gone.

The car is making a humming sound from the front and the humming gets louder when i turn right and stops when i turn left, Is this the front right bearing ?

the only reason i am doubting that it could be the bearing is because their is very little movement when i shake the front wheels, and their seems to be additional wear to the right hand side of the right front tyre so i was thinking it may be the bearing or a warped disk ??

any help would be much appreciated

Quote: Originally posted by daveRT on 07 December 2003

The car is making a humming sound from the front and the humming gets louder when i turn right and stops when i turn left, Is this the front right bearing ?
This bit certainly sounds like the wheel bearing, as it was the same with my car. My wheel bearing did have a lot of play but it didnt make my tyres ware away more on one side. So i dont know!

Also when i changed my wheel bearings i needed to get a track rod end. i blame pot holes for these problems!!!!

cheers for that, i had a read of that just after i posted, im going to get it looked at on wednesday so ill find out then. its just its always better to go in with a good idea of whats wrong so you dont get ripped off :)