ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearings

Titanium 182
hi guys
how do you know when your bearings are getting dodgy
is there a way to tell without driving the car or taking it apart ??
i get a weird noise when i drive along like theres a car next to me it gets faster as i get faster and slower when i get slower. its like when somthing is rubbing on a wheel but i cant see anything rubbing

cheers

Titanium 182
kool thx ill go do it now lol . just getting the car ready to sell got a new one coming next month :)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Also get the car upto a point where you can hear the noise, then take the car out of gear and cost without using the accelerator. If the noise continues, its the wheel bearings.

Titanium 182
thanks danny i had read that someware else and yes it still continues. could it be a case of new bearings or could they just be re packed?

thanks

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
ITs like a whining noise ive got the same problem, ive been told it can be associated with putting bigger wheels on the car. I have the standard wheels on and it seems to have happened, its in the rear i know that!

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
This is a very common problem, ive changed a set of rears on mine about 18 months ago, and one of them has gone again ffs.
Standard wheels btw

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
thanks danny i had read that someware else and yes it still continues. could it be a case of new bearings or could they just be re packed?

thanks

For the sake of about £30 per side then the cost of fitting...they come in a sealed ring, so just get them fitted at a local garage...piece of cake.

Audi TT 3.2 V6

thanks

For the sake of about £30 per side then the cost of fitting...they come in a sealed ring, so just get them fitted at a local garage...piece of cake.

theyre not even that much, on my old 1.2 clio (mk2 ph2) i paid £6 per bearing from my local motor factors then went a garage rd the corner and asked one of the lads how much to fit cash. £30 he said, i was happy, he was happy. job done.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

theyre not even that much, on my old 1.2 clio (mk2 ph2) i paid £6 per bearing from my local motor factors then went a garage rd the corner and asked one of the lads how much to fit cash. £30 he said, i was happy, he was happy. job done.

That was what I paid for the sealed bearings for the Cup a couple of weeks ago! but that was a ring with the bearings inside. The motor factors I went to are renowned for being the cheapest in Telford. So I dunno.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
probs just the difference in models mate. things on the rs varient of a clio are 9 times out of 10 going to be more expensive than the 1.2

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
probs just the difference in models mate. things on the rs varient of a clio are 9 times out of 10 going to be more expensive than the 1.2

In theory...but with the cost cutting on the Cups! ;) hehehe

1.2 16V MKII
yep, a dirty loud whining noise:mad: my bloody d/s front went..god its annoyin, bought a new bearing the other day, just gotta get it fitted! that'll be another home job..lol

Titanium 182
i got a mate having a proper look at it at the weekend n he will do a cheap good job 4 me. just as you want to sell the car things start going lol. always the way hehe. i got standard wheels 2

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if you get a whining noise when turning hard into a corner is this the bearing aswell or something else? its fine in a straight line and turning normal. its when you take them at like... 50. or is it me been a bit rough (sorry if i come across as post hi-jacking!)