ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Bearings

Just found out that I need to replace the front w/bearings on my car, and after speaking to renault I am not prepared to pay £57 (each !!!!) for them. Euro Car parts do them for £20 but, have 2 types, large ( 37x72x37) and Small (35x65x35) does anyone know what size I need or have any other offerings to help me out.
Thanks people !
Peace

Costa

My local dealer wants £38 per bearing for my 93L 1.4RT - guess they might be different but otherwise u is being had!

R u planning on changing them yourselve?

I need to change mine desperately - too much roundabout abuse - and am going to take of the hub and then get my local dealer to fit the new ones to it.

As there is no info in Haynes any comments greatly appreciated!

Have you

SEEMS TO BE A FAULT ON CLIOS IVE HAD THREE NOW AND HAVE HAD TO CHANGE BEARINGS ON ALL OF THEM, YOU CAN GET UPRATED ONES WHICH I WOULD RECOMMEND,
DONT PAY MORE THAN £40 A BEARING!

Yeah - I had to replace all 4 sets on my 16v what a b**ch! They are expensive for what they are, you have to remove the the whole brake assembly as the bearings sit in the disks themselves - so if your gonna replace them check your disks and replace them at the same time if you think you need to - itll save hassle in the long run. Bear in mind not to leave it too long as when mine were sorted one of them took 22 tons of pressure to get the bastid out - considering it normaly takes about 3-4 tons...need i say more? Unfortunately I cant remember what size they are - the guys in the shop should be able to point you in the right direction. Euro car parts are a good bet - they sorted me out and they know what theyre talking about.

I wouldnt recommend attempting it yourself unless you know someone with some good tools, like I say it can be a real pain if theyre in tight. The heat generated at the wheel can cause the bearings to weld themselves to the hub/disk and this is never good.
Hope this helps a bit - £20 to £30 per bearing is about right.

Good luck!

Williams 2, STi N12

A very common problem with all Clios. Had the same on my Willy, Renault wanted to rip me off so I went to Euro car parts and got the same answer you did - which size?? Well just to be safe I bought two of each and when I got round to changing them it turned out they were the large type, so I reckon it will be the same on yours! If it isnt you can have the small ones from me for the price of P&P cause they are just lying around and will go in the bin eventually.

silver valver/hybrid

my bros mate works for his dads car parts business, got a bearing for £17 for my 16v, then got it fitted for £20.

Aint had to do bearings on my valver yet, but remember having to do them on a mates old 19 16v, which I would imagine is similar. It is possible to change them without a press, but you need a correct sized socket and a sizeable hammer along with a little perseverance with and some controlled brute force. They are a total rip off, since they cost surprisingly little to manufacture.

Alex M