ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel bolt size for use with spacers

Looking for 182
Hi all,

I'm about to purchase some spacers, these ones: http://www.venommotorsport.com/product_details.php?id=3247&manufacturer=FK&category=Wheel

At the front of my car there is about 19mm on each side gap from the widest part of the top of the wheel/tyre, therefore a total track width gap of 38mm. Therefore I am going to purchase for the front the System B Centric 30mm spacers (15mm each side). As I understand it, this system comes with bolts which allows me to bolt the spacer onto the hub, then I just fit my front wheels to the spacers using my current bolts; correct?

At the rear, there is about 10mm gap on each side, total track width gap of 20mm. Therefore I will be buying 10mm (5mm each side) spacers, however they only have the option of System A spacers. Therefore I think I need to buy longer wheel bolts.

I have Trophy Turinis, so what length bolt will I need, does anyone know?

Thanks.

Looking for 182
Sorry, just done some searching and it seems 5mm on each side you can get away with using current bolts; so it looks like if I buy what I suggested about I'll be all good :)

Confirmation from anyone in the know would be great though :D

e92 330i
Well standard size is 26mm, was on my 1.2 and 1.6 so guessing its the same on a sport? But yes 5mm spacers are fine with standard bolts. Oh btw if you use 15mm bolt to hub spacers your normal bolts will be to long and foul the disc so youll need shorter bolts to bolt the wheel to spacer.

Looking for 182
Well standard size is 26mm, was on my 1.2 and 1.6 so guessing its the same on a sport? But yes 5mm spacers are fine with standard bolts. Oh btw if you use 15mm bolt to hub spacers your normal bolts will be to long and foul the disc so youll need shorter bolts to bolt the wheel to spacer.

Oh for Christ's sake! Serious?

Whenever it comes to me looking into this I end up getting annoyed, then when I see my car and see how far in the wheels are in makes me come back for more, it's doing my head in!

Any idea what size shorter bolts I'll need?

e92 330i
Im sure someone used 20mm bolts with 15mm hub centrics. Demontweeks are good for bolts. Alternatively get 15mm hubcentrics and longer bolts, these type dont bolt to hub. Or get 20mm hubcentrics bolt to hub and i think standard bolts are fine with these.

e92 330i
Ok venom motorsport are cheaper. So are demontweeks. Well standards are 26 so add 15mm. I think 39mm was the closest i got too. Bolts are m12x1.5 60degree fixed seat. Again dt are about £1.22

Looking for 182
Ok venom motorsport are cheaper. So are demontweeks. Well standards are 26 so add 15mm. I think 39mm was the closest i got too. Bolts are m12x1.5 60degree fixed seat. Again dt are about £1.22

I'm looking at the Eibachs on Larkspeed as it says the 10mm ones for the rear are hubcentric (without a centre collar), whereas the FK ones on Venom are not hubcentric it seems.

So standard bolt is 24mm or 26mm? I would measure myself but my Jack is at my Mum's house.

e92 330i
Just take one out, no need for a jack.

Vemon do eibach fk and h&r.

Youll have to ring dt.

Im getting rid of my 8mm fk spacers soon with longer bolts if thats easier lol.

H&r are cheaper and great. Just read the system types on venom to give you an idea.

You won't get hubcentric spacers at 10mm each side.
Hub sticks out too far iirc.

Don't forget to ask about CS discount at Demon Tweaks. Look on the discount page at the top!

Looking for 182
DemonTweeks cost:

30mm front = £82.40
16mm rear = £35.05

He did comment on why I had larger ones at the front, which now I think of it is a bit odd, but it's just from measuring the gap between wheel and arch.

Looking for 182
I suppose it's only 1.4cm difference, and the rear track is already slightly wider, so shouldn't be too bad. I'm going to order it all tomorrow and hope for the best!

Looking for 182
Hurrah, finally all ordered.

I've gone for FK; 15mm each side front and 8mm each side rear. I measured the standard bolts and they're 24mm, so I've just added 15mm and 8mm for the replacement bolts.

Thanks for everyone's help.