ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel bolts

megan R26.R number 006
i have just had one of my wheel bolts snap after doing a track day at donington park dose any one on hear know of any beter wheel bolts than the standard renault ones or where i could get a stud conversion for my clio 182 thanks

Lionel Richie
yep very common, its due to the constant tightening/untightening of the bolts all the time

do you use a torque wrench when tightening them? (100NM)

either buy new ones or get a stud/nut conversion (not from tweeks as they snap too!) we do it

megan R26.R number 006
yep very common, its due to the constant tightening/untightening of the bolts all the time

do you use a torque wrench when tightening them? (100NM)

either buy new ones or get a stud/nut conversion (not from tweeks as they snap too!) we do it
how much fred ?
i don't use a torque wrench but i will be getting one throw

Lionel Richie
there's your number one problem then!

stud conversion is about (off the top of my head) approx £50 per hub

Stock bolts are fine just just a calibrated torque wrech and make aure fitters don't go using air guns and breakers bars.

RSC 182 Cup
What did the car feel like with a snapped wheel bolt? Perticularly under braking?

I ask because I may have done the same thing at my last track day.

ph1 172
theres nothing wrong with using an air gun, as long as you dont sit their hammering them up tight, most air guns can be set to do up to roughly different torques, then you use a torque wrench to do to 100nm.
ive used a gun on its lowest setting and theyve been looser than finger tight.

if bolts cant take an air gun undoing them, how ar they gonig to take the abuses of the road

megan R26.R number 006
What did the car feel like with a snapped wheel bolt? Perticularly under braking?

I ask because I may have done the same thing at my last track day.

it snapped when i took the wheels off so i would not really know but it felt OK on the way home the old girl has been sting on the drive sinse Friday now yoz is supposed to be sorting me out my stud conversion so i should have it by next week well it needs to be next week as the car has got to be prepared for spa and the ring :cool: