ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel center cap

Renaultsport Clio V6
What would be the best stuff to stop my center caps coming out. Lost one after a motorway drive and had to order some new from compomotive.
Now that I have the new ones to fit just wanted some adhesive to hold them in ( e.g. silocone sealent)

Any ideas?

Assuming you talking standard vee wheels, they push in, there is no way that a centre cap can come off, unless you push it from the otherside.

Renaultsport Clio V6
No mate they are compomotive wheels with a push in alloy center. Just a interferance fitting part so just want to use something to hold them in.

Any thorghts, might just try some silicone sealer that you use on bathroom joints.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Hi Blakey.

I had the same problem my friend, i have fitted carbon OZ centre caps to my anthracite wheels and lost 3 of them, which isnt good at 8 squid each!!

I used tiger sealant on the inside and not lost anymore for 12 months. :D

Just remember they will be a pain when you come for new tyres ie, cap removal for balancing.

Mossy

Renaultsport Clio V6
ok mate, will check for tiger sealant on google.

Saves any more coming out. They cost me £30 as they only come in a set of 4.