ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel refurb query

E90 320d M Sport
I need one of my 182 cup alloys refurbing.

Called a couple of places and they either won't touch it or reckon I need to have two done, incase there is a variation in colour.

The other alloys are pretty much brand new.

Do I really need to waste money getting a second wheel resprayed that is in mint condition so they match??

It's not exactly wasting money if it's to get the job done right.

If alloy refurb places are telling you it'll need done, it'll need done.

Westy. MX5
You could buy the paint required and give it to the refurber if you know the shade. That will put the onus off matching the colour on yourself of course.

E90 320d M Sport
Yeah it's kerbed pretty badly. The other alloys are in mint condition - you wouldn't think they've ever been used.

Surely because they are in mint condition the colour difference will not be that noticeable?

TTRS & V50
Look at it this way, if you spray a door on any car, you will need a blend into wing and rear quarter, the same applys to the wheels. It's only covering their back, cause if you get one sprayed and the colour is slightly off (easy to compare to other alloy) then you'll only go back wingeing that he colour is off. Simples.