ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Refurb/Spray

MG ZR 160 VVC
I've decided for USC and a short summer project to fix my alloys. I would take them down to a dealer but can't really afford it so want to try it myself.

However, theres a problem with that. The front two of them are well and truely f**ked (previous owners) but the back two are fine..

I'm thinking having them sprayed anthracite along with the badge/bullets :)

Heres the problem:

WheelDamage11.gif

^ Major curbing, this goes all the way around :(

WheelDamage22.gif

^Major scratches on every single spoke! They've tried to fix it themselves and made it worse! :(

WheelDamage33.gif

^ This just won't do :(

Whats the best way/guide of fixing these and spraying myself if at all possible? Or would i be better off getting them done pro?

S2 106 GTI
jeezzz and I thought mine were bad! :eek: one of my mates did his own work and they were kerbed badly - on a accord type R, spent a whole week o them! but the end result was brilliant, alot of sanding and filling would be needed.

I'm getting mine refurbed this weekend for £225 for all 4 including new tires being fitted

E46 325ci, ZX10r E9f
as they're that bad round the egdes i'd get them done professionally as when it'll come to change the tyres the filler will probably get ripped off

There's a guide on here, have a look in the guides section. I don't think it'd be worth it on those wheels tbh.

MG ZR 160 VVC
lol ajdallas691 I brought them like that, got a discount for it tho!!
But yeah they are really bad but the back two are nice.

I think pro would be the best bet now, quoted around £220 which aint bad.
Or could just buy some new ones :)

Yep imo for the price of a refurb your probably better off finding a set of wheels that aren't kerbed to sh*t.

MG ZR 160 VVC
what about the second picture?
tbh they dont look so bad from a distance, i took that up close when dirty so it looks worse lol distance:
P20126473.gif