ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Refurbish

Clio1.2 16v & LR Defender
At the moment I have silver wolf race wheels. have a few knocks here and there.

I know about the refurb process as look at alot of guides. However one area I am not sure on..

When you respray are you just doing the spokes or the underside and inside too?

Id you just do the spokes wont that look slightly odd?

Cheers

<----My wheels AVATAR

Charged Superleggera
you can just do the face of them. wont be noticable at all if you dont do the back but if you wantde to then just give them a quick spray over them to tiidy them up. only prob is that it uses paint up so only do say 1 or 2 layers for the back

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
yea i give the backs a quick blast of paint and clear coat nothing special

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i didnt on my current set as i was being lazy, seems to be sticking on ok, but yea give them a quick sand.

Could some one be kind enough to give a list of all materials and paints needed to do a wheel refurb?

I know I need a black paint and sand paper, thats about it.

Does this "clear coat" come in a spray can or ???

Also what primers should be used?

Halford links would be nice

thanks

The stuff you've listed is fine, apart from you'll need a bigger range of sandpaper. Depending on how bad the damage is on the wheels, you'll need a grittier paper than 1200. I've sprayed my wheels twice at work (I work in a bodyshop) and haven't sprayed the insides just because I can't be arsed tbh.

Can you list the best grains of sand paper to use one wheel is quite badly chiped.

Thanks

F56 MINI Cooper S
yeh will be fine. i didnt bother spraying the backs when i did a set, cant see behind them anyway.

If you go to get your tyres changed wont the guys be like... wtf u done to ur alloys! ??

F56 MINI Cooper S
No cos he just bought new alloys with tyres, so never needed them changed.

Anyway, who gives a f**k what the tyre fitters think LOL