ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel spacers with speedline 2118 ET43

clio sport 200
Ordered some speedline 2118 last week and for some reason there only come in ET43 so I think it’s time for some wheel spacers I’m currently running pro race 1.2 which are ET35 and I’m after a bit of a wider track than the pro racers. I’ve never fitted spacers before, I’ve done a lot of research on here but just after a little advice on what other ppl are running on the same set up.

Thanks in advance

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What colour are your pro race?

I would say no more than 10mm if you want it to handle really well.

Last edited:
  clio sport 200

Attachments

• 176AD017-F95F-4EBF-8943-7AB99A28DC74.jpeg
    176AD017-F95F-4EBF-8943-7AB99A28DC74.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 211

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Personally I think 20mm but what James mentioned above will be good also. It's nice to have a little tuck in my opionion.

Like James also mentioned, going down a stud route is a option. You've probably got better size options for those.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd go for the 10mm rear hub spacers and then just hubcentric up front. I personally changed over to a stud and nut conversion as didn't want to run long wheel bolts. Either that or go for the more expensive bolt to up spacers, and use your existing bolts.
Had no issues with my current setup.
Some pics on my thread for the stance.

clio sport 200
Thanks for the advice boys Could somebody tell me why ppl run bigger spacers on the fronts over the rears also if I bought the pms stud kit would 15mm 100% fit

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
It’s because when you lower the car, the best is to have the front lower, hence larger spacers.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I'm running 20mm front and 15mm rear hubcentrics (bolt to hub on the fronts, longer bolts on rears) and the standard ET43 182 cup wheels, sits like this on H&R springs
I intend to slap my ET43 2118's onto it and some coilovers come the summer and expect it to sit perfectly with these spacers :)
DSC_3346.JPG
DSC_3348.JPG

Megane275R / 172 mk2
old thread resurrection, but do you even need spacers on the 2118's, can you just run them as is? I've never been keen on using spacers myself, but want some 2118's!

Megane275R / 172 mk2
Look best with spacers tho

But does it adversely affect the handling as mentioned above? Assume you'd need hubcentric spacers too, what size? I like to drive my Cup quickly and don't want to c**k up the handling, not too fussed by looks as long as it doesn't look terrible obviously lol!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
But does it adversely affect the handling as mentioned above? Assume you'd need hubcentric spacers too, what size? I like to drive my Cup quickly and don't want to c**k up the handling, not too fussed by looks as long as it doesn't look terrible obviously lol!

As long as you don't make the effective offset lower than about 35, then spacers won't affect the handling.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I drive mine fairly hard on the road and it feels fine. Havnt driven without spacers apart from the original 16s to compare though. Unless you're a race car driver I don't think itd be too noticeable IMHO

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
You can get hub spacers for the rear, much better than the regular spacers. I got mine in a group buy on here but haven't fitted them yet. PMS sell them too.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
If buying new just buy a lower offset wheel. Speedline do 15x7 2118 et38 in white. They will probably do a lower offset if you ask.

Megane R26
I used 20mm hubcentric fronts and 10mm hub spacers on the back. I don't remember any issues or scrubbing and looked great on my old one.

44489384931_2843e7a1da_z.jpg