ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheel teaser...

Exige S1 + Honda S1
Thought you might want to see progress pictures

this is the rim off the wheel in the picture>

Image647.jpg

and after, still a wee bit to go til its like new>

Image648.jpg

Exige S1 + Honda S1
3 different compounds and mop wheels
Im only doing 2 for the fronts and get new 1" ones for the back

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
good work, will be loads of graft, but should produce a great finish.

is it going to be a mare to keep it that way?

Exige S1 + Honda S1
yea probably, im not putting them on til the spring/summer so they are fresh for longer :D

54 astravan 1.7tdci
id get the dishes lacquered when fully polished for low maintainance.you can get powder lacquer or just give the once over when cleaning the car.
look cool nice project for ya.look forward to seeing the finished article.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
id get the dishes lacquered when fully polished for low maintainance.you can get powder lacquer or just give the once over when cleaning the car.
look cool nice project for ya.look forward to seeing the finished article.

Nah, doesn't give as good a look as i found out wi ma willy rims! But yeh will certainly reduce the maintainance!

superb rims, to fit a 205/50 on that tho will be a shame, id go 195/45 on a 2" inch dish and have them for show only. Get some cheap 172 wheels or something for track.

If you hit something on track and these were all polished up, well i'd be crying anyway.

205s wont look stretched if thats the look your after.

Cant wait to see anyway..

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I have 4x A048s of my brothers in the garage that will fit the rims that are on the car just now for track days so i might just get some slightly stretched tyres to fit the BBS.

I dont want to compromise grip though, Ive had 205s on a 9" rim before and the handling was shot.

PS autoshine - il keep on top on the polishing, any laquer just spoils the shine :D

big red bus
not too keen on them tbh, they just dont look right on the mk2 clio's.

but if you like then then thats all that matters tbh!

Exige S1 + Honda S1
update, I bored out one enough to trial fit the fronts.

and....

they dont fit over the calipers.... f**king 4 pots.
so they are for sale. 350 plus del if anyones interested?