ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel wax

Cooper S JCW
I've used the Carplan Nanometric to treat/seal my brand new alloys - I just want to know which wax to go for now

Poorboys
Chemical Guys! (sp.)
other brands

I don't mind reapplying about every 6-8 weeks

Thanks ;)

^^^lol

i use that nano tech stuff, a bit useless IMO though, still waiting to get my wheel nuts lossened (bloody repair shop) then itll be super resin polish, EGP and some rim wax from autopia me thinks

jamie

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Last edited:
  106 GTi
I said that the other day when people where suggesting its a new concept in products! Swissol have been including it in a couple of there products for years.

There is no real reason to buy a dedicated product for wheels - Autoglym Resin and Extra Gloss last really well on wheels.

I use a base of AG SRP x 1 and EGP x 3 on my wheels. Then top with a non cleaning wheel sealant for looks and ease of application as and when I get the chance - so either the Poorboys or Swissvax. Both look great but the edge goes to the Swisswax which leaves wheels looking as good as the bodywork.

106 GTi
Swissvax Autobahn on Cup Pack wheels

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/182swissvax/

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

Cooper S JCW
I've done a 2 x Nanometric sealant coats then 3 x EGP and I have just ordered the Poorboys sealant wax to finish them off

They are brand new wheels in boxes still so no SRP used at the start!

Mito Sportiva 135
CG Wheel Guard works really well for me, used with Collinite's 476s it is pretty much a case of dribbling on the wheels to bring them up even when covered with cack.