ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheels-model sizes

Does the 1.6 16v have better tyres than the 1.2 and 1.4.

I need to replace mine as they are knackered and was wondering if i could just stick some 1.2 or 1.4 ones on?

Also ive heard different things about the 172 ones. I think everyone agrees they are 16" but everyone disagrees about fitments to other models. My question is will the 172 wheels fit on my car no problems. i know they will physicaly fit but will they be the right offset and things?

The MK2 172 wheels wont fit - they are ET48 or ET48.5 not sure. But this offset is incompatible with the other MK2 standard cars.

Lionel Richie

Sorry clare, but i disagree (in the nicest way, dont want to offened) What year is your car

Yes mk2 172 wheels will fit ANY clio from 1998 onwards IMO

I have seen them on a 2002 non 172 car, also on a clio 16ver, an R5GTT, and an RT

they are 16" and they have 195/45 16" tyres (i think)

H22A7 Accord Type R

1.6 16v............just get some new 195/50 tyres put on the standard wheels!!!!

Surely they will fit too far within the arch on a NON 172 MK2 Clio - wouldnt you need spacers to actually make them fit?