ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wheels & tyres for track??

178hp 172 Cup
for next year i am thinkin of gettin a set of cheapish wheels for track use!! i dont really wanna use my road wheels anymore so i think this is the way forward!!

what do people recommend wheel wise?? i dont really wanna go down the Speedline 2020 route as most do!! but i am goin onto 15s

also what do people recommend for tyres also?? i am gonna go Semi Slicks as i have been told to steer clear of full on slicks in the clio!!

the car is a 172 cup if that makes any difference!!

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Just out of interest why have you been told to steer clear of full slicks in a Clio???

I've ran....and will run again slicks on a Clio (just bought some for mine) - was absolutely awesome round Croft Circuit earlier in the year - was lapping in approx 1second under Evo's & M3s, I could carry soooo much corner speed it was untrue!!!

Slicks all day for me!!!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I have the OZ F1 mk1 172 alloys as the offset is perfect for my car.

Toyo R888's are a good choice as cheap & very good.

Some insurance companies are not slick friendly & the 888 handles damp track conditions as well.

178hp 172 Cup
i was told to steer clear coz it might cause the clio problems as there is too much grip!! po cause chassis problems!! it might b bollox but i am only goin from what i hav been told!!

i was thinkin of full slicks but when i was told this i was put off a little!!!

If you've not done track days etc IMO use normal road tyres preferably your normal road wheels and use them as fully as you can or esle swop to running 15's all the time as there cheaper since you'll know how the car handles all the time then.

Forget any sticky tyres until you can fully use road stuff.

i was told to steer clear coz it might cause the clio problems as there is too much grip!! po cause chassis problems!! it might b bollox but i am only goin from what i hav been told!!

i was thinkin of full slicks but when i was told this i was put off a little!!!

Can never had to much grip won't cause any trouble realy just need to use the car fully with normal tyres else if you bolt slicks on and have a off your going a lot quicker than road tyres plus the limits are smaller.

M2 Competition
Got a set of 2118's (15x7) that'll be for sale in the very near future.

Cup fitment, with yokohama parada tyres.

178hp 172 Cup
Got a set of 2118's (15x7) that'll be for sale in the very near future.

Cup fitment, with yokohama parada tyres.

could pos b interested dude ;)

i hav driven the car b4 on track!! and although the car hadles perfectly well on road tyres ( Eagle F1's ) it would b quicker round corners on R888's :)