ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

when did they stop ph1 172?

audi a6 3.0tdi
i spotted an 02 plate ph1 172 exclusive. i was under the impresion that they stopped making the phase 1 at y reg. am i wrong or did this have false plates? please help its really annoying me

Stopped around the Y, 51 plate.

That car has prob been sitting around before being registered hence it being on an 02 plate.

Lots of Alfas
Officially it was june 2001 on a Y plate but there are a few 02 plate 172 exclusives that were registered in 2002.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i thought that too but with it being the limited run you would have thought they would have sold straight away. there was nothing dodgy looking about the driver so it must be legit. do i win a prize for spotting the newest ph1?

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
Are they the green ones with the grey leather? Bit of an acquired taste in my opinion... Can see one of them sitting in a dealers for a while until the right person sees it. Especially as the PH2 would be out and about by then.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
There were 3 2002/02 plate 172 Exclusives IIRC?

I like them. Love Scarab Green.

cg172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172FF
^^^ Tyres grip but you end up in the passenger seat...
Never seen the point of leather in a sports car.

There were 3 2002/02 plate 172 Exclusives IIRC?

I like them. Love Scarab Green.
Yep there dude, my rents had the opportunity to buy one of them a while back, my dad got the mk2 172 that was parked next to it instead.

I really do like the exclusives, but no keen on the light grey interior.

There were 30 (I think) sunflower yellow 172's. Have a look for pics of Middos's car or Craig 172's car (i think it was him) both great examples.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
i thought that too but with it being the limited run you would have thought they would have sold straight away. there was nothing dodgy looking about the driver so it must be legit. do i win a prize for spotting the newest ph1?

The Mcanns dont look like odd people either:lolup:

53 Clio's & counting
now all you have to do ben is make yours as fast as my black one!!

no wait maybe thats the other way round........