ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where are the fog light wires!?

Petrol Blue 182.
herd a rumer the fog light loom was built in, even tho they didnt come as standerd, put in a resister and the light on the dash for them illuminated when switched on, so does this meen the rumer is true? if so where are the connectors? lol

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
IIRC there's a connector by one of the fogs, which you then need to buy a loom to fit to take it to the other fog, something like that!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
IIRC there's a connector by one of the fogs, which you then need to buy a loom to fit to take it to the other fog, something like that!

I've heard this before although I'm not sure how much truth there is in it, the loom does look quite long in pics i've seen so maybe it goes all the way up to the stalk. I've never seen amy connection before, despite looking. Be interested to know how you get on with this.

RS 182FF Titanium
the main loom plugs into the loom on the bumper at the passenger side, behind the bumper..

You will likely have to buy the loom to fit to the bumper, or if your handy with wiring you could hook the fog lights up to the plug (behind the bumper) relatively easily..

Petrol Blue 182.
hmmm, well ive got to go get loom for my elecy window conversion tomorrow, so ill have a better look at one in the scrappy, thought the wires may be all tucked up with some others, but looks like there not :(

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
the main loom plugs into the loom on the bumper at the passenger side, behind the bumper..

You will likely have to buy the loom to fit to the bumper, or if your handy with wiring you could hook the fog lights up to the plug (behind the bumper) relatively easily..

How does that work then? I thought the loom would go all the way to the dash as lower clios don't have the right stalk for fogs so what does this loom plug into? I've been wanting to fit fogs to my car for quite some time so am
very interested.

Da

Less
When I had my 1.2 years ago, the loom was present behind the bumper and I just plugged the fogs in. However, the loom didn't continue into the cabin and I had to fit the dash/stalk section myself to make them work.

Petrol Blue 182.
yeah ive fitted a stalk, and then popped in the resister and the light illuminted, making me think the wiring was present, Da where abouts were the wires? as i cant locate them

Da

Less
Is yours a ph1 or ph2?

My loom was up behind the fog recesses, just below the headlight. If I remember correctly I jacked the front end up and looked up the bumper from underneath to find them. They're likely to be tied up out the way if they are there.

Da

Less
Mine was a ph2.

Renault told me at the time that it was 'pot luck' as to whether the loom would be there or not if the car had never had fogs.

The cabin loom is separate to the front end loom and as such you could have the cabin part but not the front end, or vice versa.

RS 182FF Titanium
How does that work then? I thought the loom would go all the way to the dash as lower clios don't have the right stalk for fogs so what does this loom plug into? I've been wanting to fit fogs to my car for quite some time so am
very interested.

I was going by what couzens had said, that he had pressed the button and it has lit up on the dash, meaning that he has that part of it present.. There should be a plug behind the passenger side of the bumper to allow him to take power down to each fog light. (either by using the loom from renault, or by making up his own for it)

Mickb

ClioSport Club Member
  van low and 1.6 16v
the loom should be pre fitted but you need to wire and it in the dash loom for the fog lamp, and swap the stalk.

the fog lamp kit from renault is stupidly priced for what you get.

need a relay, wiring, stalk, if you have the fogs already. but not hard to do it tho