ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where can i buy some coil spring compressors?

Lionel Richie
springs are the perfect length for the shocks, when you undo the top mount the spring doesn't poing off at 300mph like normal cars, no need for them squire

(i've done over 100 of the buggers, trust me)

37min is the time to beat (all 4 corners, no ramp, no air tools) ;)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've it done it twice without them and i know feck all about mechanics, just "guessed" lol

DaveLiquid182

ClioSport Club Member
  Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Oh :( its quite funny when they fly off at 300mph lol. f**k me i wont be doing them in 37 min lol. I havnt got a ramp but i have got air tools :)
Im looking forward to getting my eibach's on :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wish i had air tools, snapped 3 allen keys and a spanner trying to undue my drivers side top mount. just make sure both wheels are jacked up, don't do a side at a time on the fronts, makes it easier.

Lionel Richie
slacken the top mounts BEFORE jacking the car up (hand tight)

when you take the front struts off push the bottom of the strut over the track rod, easiest way, otherwise you might scratch the arch

you might need to hammer the lower shock bolts out also (21mm) just do the fronts with BOTH front wheels off the ground, otherwise you be working against the ARB

Lionel Richie
Wish i had air tools, snapped 3 allen keys and a spanner trying to undue my drivers side top mount. just make sure both wheels are jacked up, don't do a side at a time on the fronts, makes it easier.

12V ciggy lighter impact gun dude, SO handy and about £15

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just looked on ebay impact guns aint to badly priced actually.

PH1 172
Spray WD40 the night before on all the bolts you are going to attack as this will help you out big time when you come round to doing it.

koi

Audi S1
springs are the perfect length for the shocks, when you undo the top mount the spring doesn't poing off at 300mph like normal cars, no need for them squire

37mins!! Took me 2 hrs :eek:

The last one I did was about 30 mins Fred ;)