ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where do i put my amp power cable?

clio 1.2 8v
probably a common asked question but i cant find a place to put my power cable through the firewall up to the battery! its driving me mad! if anyone could tell me where icould put it i would be very greatfull. oh btw its a mk2 ph1

thanks, nath

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
mines goes out thru the door seal, in between the panels and into the engine bay down the seem at the bonnet.. doesn't look too bad and cant see it unless your looking or the door and/or the bonnet is open.

Maybe post a pic up later tonight..

R35 GTR
go through the grommet for the bonnet release cable.

do a search on here as we covered this topic only a few days ago.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Hey am gonna have to have a go at this bonnet release grommet before i can put pics up.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
yeah this is where i put mine. ballache tho. u need to move the water bottle thingy in the engine to get to it.

Dave3141 said:
go through the grommet for the bonnet release cable.

do a search on here as we covered this topic only a few days ago.

BMW M135i
If you look up in the passenger footwell you will see the bonnet release cable going through a grommet about 12" up from the floor. I've attached pics, there not the best as there off me phone but you get the idea.

Thats 4awg cable which took me about 30mins of fighting and swearing to get it through but once you get enough through to get a hand hold of its easy peasy. Apparently you can squeeze bigger gauge cable through, i've also read it helps if you lube the cable up with fairy liquid and it helps it slide better

ballbag04 said:
yeah this is where i put mine. ballache tho. u need to move the water bottle thingy in the engine to get to it.
Only in the RS's as the normal ones don't have the lagging/soundproofing at the back of the bay.

Attachments

• 23082006050-800.jpg
    23082006050-800.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 137
  clio 1.2 8v
thanks guys gonna have a go at it this afternoon when i get from picking up my results! will inform you if i manage to sort it out!

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
photo's of the work and your knuckles.. so i know whether to have a go at it at the weekend or not.!

BMW M135i
Tigger said:
Will 1/0 awg fit through that?
Apparently according to someone on talkaudio yes, althought it looks too tight to me. I'd be tight as a ducks arse thats for sure. I thought 4awg was pushing the boundaries tbh.

muz

big fat japanese bus
2 fits ;) was over half an hour and had to do a little modification but it fits

0 would be stupid to get throught there I would drill my own

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
biggest b*****d of a jov ive done putting it thru the grommet, tbh i fitted my front comps, rear speakers and rest of the wiring in less time than it took to do that power wire lol