ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where is the dog bone mount?

clio 182 cup
as above guys.. i thought maybe engine mount has broke as my car makes a knocking noise when it spins etc at times..and i read it could be the dog bone mount.where is this located so that i could see if its broken etc.. please help

Last edited by a moderator:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It won't be broken it'll be worn more than likely. It connects from the chassis to the gearbox. Its located at the back of the sump tray.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It will tend to knock when the car is being revved hard, powerflex replacement bushes are around £30-£35.

From memory you need a 17 & 19mm socket.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?540329-182-172-Powerflex-Dogbone-Mount-Fitting

Here's a rather well written guide for you by a member on here.

Getting the old rubber bushes out requires some... creative hammering. I had mine polypushed for about 5000 miles and it adds a fair amount of vibration to the cabin.
Consider sourcing a new OE one off eBay. I just splashed out £30 for a new one with rubber bushes and not only is it now stupidly smooth, but it's nice to hear the noise of the car coming from the back box rather than the vibration of the glovebox.

You don't even have to jack up the engine when swapping it.