ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where is the heater resistor pack on my 172?

Ph2 FF 172
Hi all,

I have had the scuttle panel off on the drivers side and looked and looked but, can't find it anywhere. Please somebody tell me what I'm looking for. Any photos would be a bonus!

Cheers for your help.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
it is in the car vertically, its like a black block of cheese with grills on it! It has some plugs attached to it, iir you need a spanner to get it out

Megane dci 130
If you have the drivers side scuttle off its staring you in the face! :) It has (iirc) just one 6mm bolt holding it on and there is a black and red connector on it.

2004 Clio 1.6 Dynamique
if it has automatic climate control which iirc the 172 has, it doesnt have a resistor pack. The thing that is bolted inline from the motor air outlet with the silver heatsink sticking out of the bottom of it is an electronic dc motor controller. Its just over £100 for a new one from a dealer. I wasnt going to pay that so i repaired it myself for under £20. ive repaired a few since then and its always been the same componet that has failed. Ive always replaced it with an uprated one and never had any faults come back.
If you want anymore help and think it is that, that has failed drop me a pm