ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy numberplates online?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Need some plates making up, legal, but can’t be bothered to send V5 proof etc. Any recommendations?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, if i pick legal ones will I have to send docs, or best going show?
nope no docs, super fast turnaround too, i just use the show plate configurator and go standard font etc so its doesn't have any of the markings etc required on a uk plate, and then a slightly smaller front one to fit the recess on the mk2

Reactions: Pep

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We make our own but if we need an odd size we always use Fancyplates. So much easier than driving to the local motor factors with paperwork and then trying to park… f**k all that.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I used fancyplates. Legal, plain plates.
They were £29.00 delivered.
Screenshot_20240125_232334_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser.jpg

Reactions: Pep

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Used fancy plates too gtlreat product and service had smaller front one on 172 to fit recess looks soooooo much better

Fiat Coupe
I stalled at using Fancy Plates because I don't like a .co.uk site being in the Irish Republic. I went with Demon Plates, UK based, just emailed pics of licence and V5, came in 48 hours from order.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I stalled at using Fancy Plates because I don't like a .co.uk site being in the Irish Republic. I went with Demon Plates, UK based, just emailed pics of licence and V5, came in 48 hours from order.

Eh?! Why does that make any difference?!

Ordered from fancyplates today, nice and easy.

I have often used myshowplates.com - no documentation required and they have the BSAU bit in the corner which appears to satisfy the tester come MOT time if they even bother to check.

They don’t have the makers details to the centre which I believe is a requirement, but I detest random company details on show. If anyone’s bought a plain pair on eBay for half the price and the makers details are discreet I could do with a pair before I use myshowplates.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I used to buy off pro plates but the last set I got faded really quickly.

Just got a set off Amazon last week and they seem spot on. No ID or anything need 👍

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I have often used myshowplates.com - no documentation required and they have the BSAU bit in the corner which appears to satisfy the tester come MOT time if they even bother to check.

They don’t have the makers details to the centre which I believe is a requirement, but I detest random company details on show. If anyone’s bought a plain pair on eBay for half the price and the makers details are discreet I could do with a pair before I use myshowplates.
Fancyplates has no BSAU number on, completely plain plates. No documents required and never had a problem come MOT time.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I dont like a website using a .co.uk domain when they are in the Republic, so i just sent my personal details via email to someone.... okkkay

For anyone worried, Fancyplates has been the go to place for plates for the last 21 years on here!
Screenshot 2024-01-30 150318.png