ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to buy paint from to match?

Monaco Blue Mk2
Where is the best place to buy a can of paint that will match with the car? I see ones in halfords/motorworld etc. Is it likely to get a decent match or not? Can you buy the exact colour from Renault, if so how much would I be looking at?

Mk2 Ph1 Monaco Blue I'm after.

DSC00146.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT
tbh only way you'll ever get the closest colour will be to take your petrol cap to a place and get them to mix it up. cars weather, go dull, etc etc, so many factors affect the shade. im sure online retailers can do a decent job of providing the manufacturers colour spot on.. but that dont mean it will match your car

Monaco Blue Mk2
Final_Maxim said:
tbh only way you'll ever get the closest colour will be to take your petrol cap to a place and get them to mix it up. cars weather, go dull, etc etc, so many factors affect the shade. im sure online retailers can do a decent job of providing the manufacturers colour spot on.. but that dont mean it will match your car

Yeah, how much you reckon I'd be looking at? You know of anywhere in the North West?

I was just thinking about having a little DIY tester on a bootlock or something and if it's any good try some other bits, just to try and reduce the cost of the full colour code that I want!

Punto/Clio GTT
i think my local place does an aerosol matched for around a tenner, the aerosol single pack laquers 11 quid

dunno anywhere in north west sorry bud

Monaco Blue Mk2
Final_Maxim said:
i think my local place does an aerosol matched for around a tenner, the aerosol single pack laquers 11 quid

dunno anywhere in north west sorry bud

Who and where is that if you don't mind me asking? Thanks aswel.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Try www.yell.com mate for a local paint / carbody supplier . Give em your paint code and they should be able to mix you some rattle cans up .