ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to fit an Amp

Clio V6 255

Anyone found a neat location to fit their amp? under the passenger seat after removing that nasty holder thing looks the best bet.

Key criteria are 1. Not visible!! this may seem obvious, but the seat has to be forward two clicks for total stealth from outside.
2. Somewhere which makes it damn hard for someone to nick it - under the seat is superb as it fits snug between the two raised bits in the floor.

Any thoughts?!!

Interesting… I was just thinking about this subject last weekend. I’d like to speak with someone who has managed to secure the amp under the passenger seat, seems Ideal though I’m not sure what you would secure it to.

I was thinking of building a false floor in the boot, so as to raise it maybe 2 inches?! Just enough to secure the amp under the wood. Though i think this is a common fix, meaning if your car was broken into people would look here first

Any other suggestions?

Making an MDF back plate to go underneath the carpet under the passenger seat might be an option. Would give it something to fix to anyway.

I think thats what Ill try anyway.

Andy, thats sounds like a really good idea! but im not sure if that would secure it?! would you not get alot of movement & vibrations from the it round corners ect??

Im struggling with the same problem guys, cant think of a decent place to mount my amp. I have zero space in the boot cos of my new sub boxes (a double 10" and a double 12" in a Clio anyone?!), the amps too big to fit under the passenger seat (and this is a bad idea anyway because you need circulating air for the heatsink, and its a fire hazard cos of the exposed electrics for the seatbelt/airbag sensors etc.), and with no solid platform at the rear seat back... I dunno what to do. If anyone does come up with any good amp-mounting ideas please share them cos Im getting desperate!

Agree it might need a bit more securing. It depends how well you could secure the MDF. My thinking was that it would be easier to do this, perhaps on existing screws/mounts, than it would the amp itself.

Maybe the false floor in the boot would be better. You could make it totally stealth by completely covering the amp (if you wanted). This would obviously cause heating issues, so you would need to stick a couple of computer fans through the floor to circulate some air round. It could work and seeing two fans is less obvious than a dirty great heatsink ;-)

Clio V6 255

Has anyone actually tried getting the seat out?!! looks as though you have to jack the car up and remove some rubber thingys (technical I know) to get to the nuts (dry roasted).

I fitted mine under the pax seat. It was slightly bigger than the gap between the two cross beams under the seat so it was mounted on some brackets I made up. The only way I could get the seat out was to remove it from the runners because the runners are bolted in from under the car and you need an extra long socket set to get at them.

Towser, sounds similar to mine mate as my amp is slightly bigger than the cross beams too.

Are the seats easy to get off the runners? I presume you disconnected the airbag wire did you?

I was anticipating having to make some brackets up and simply self tapping them through the cross beams. Does that sound reasonable?

Cheers m8.

Pretty much what I did. The seats are not too hard to get off the runners just remove the plastic side panels to get access to the nuts. As for mounting the amp , I used self tappers into the cross beams , 2 using mounting holes on the amp and the others through some brackets I made up. I disconnected the battery just to be on the safe side when disconecting the air bag plugs.So all in all what you are sugessting sounds reasonable!!

silver valver/hybrid

make sure your passengers know your amp is under the seat cus in my old car people had a tendancy to kick the amp whilst getting in and out (especially my mate with size 13 shoes) and in the process knackered the R.C.A inputs on the amp.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Ok, ive just got to the stage now where i need to fix up my amp. But again i dont know where. Dont want to put it under pas seat because its too much work and im a lazy bas!ard. The rear seat is "squidgy" and the floor is bloody carboard. What about fixing it to the Sub Box? It has no moving components so shouldnt be a problem with all the vibration. What do u guys think? Also id appreciate some quick response cause ive gotta get it done today. Thanks

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Just a though if you allowed for the area the amp takes up and the sub box was ported you could put it in the sub box and the air movement created by the sub would cool it down ??

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

yeah suppose. But what about fittin it on the outside? Can anybody at all see any problem with dat?

silver valver/hybrid

shouldnt be a problem fixing it to the side of the sub box,as long as its got some room to vent off heat and the screws dont pierce through the box. ive done it before as a temporary solution and left it like that for about 6 months with no probs

The only thing to consider wouold be nickability. Having a neatly packaged sub/amp box might be too inviting.

Ive just got my amp in under the passenger seat and although it took a while, its definitely worth it I think.

The only thing to consider wouold be nickability. Having a neatly packaged sub/amp box might be too inviting.

Ive just got my amp in under the passenger seat and although it took a while, its definitely worth it I think.

hi guys
I found a place in the boot mounted vertical both sides of the boot on two rails fixed to the floor of the boot does not interfer with spare wheel or sub boxes and cables are safe behind the amps i have two 4 channel 600w briged amps with internal cooling fans and the flow through them is great as the heat goes up and out the stupid plastic grides at the top

Do you have any pics of your install? That sounds like the kind of solution I was looking for, but I cant visualise what you mean very easily. Cheers.