ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

where to put oil?

Clio 182 arctic
ahh, got you, bet you thought i was going to ask which hole to pour it in, well sorry to dissapoint :rasp:
what i want to ask is, when doing an oil change whats best to use to catch the old oil. im sik of spending an extra few quid on jerry cans and stuff, is ther anything i can fit under the car and use again perhaps, easily transport etc. cheers fellas and ladies.

if you've an old empty plastic 5l oil can, cut the side out and use that - it's the right capacity and it's then easy to dispose of it into the new can when you've refilled (need a funnel, though)

Now Sold :-(
if you've an old empty plastic 5l oil can, cut the side out and use that - it's the right capacity and it's then easy to dispose of it into the new can when you've refilled (need a funnel, though)

I always used this method until I got my 182. 5l can doesn't fit under the sump on mine.

Golf GTD Mk7
i use a massive bottle I got from work. Take it to the tip (recycling centre for those without Northern teminology ;)) and keep the container for next time.

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
drive to the gulf of mexico and dump it in the ocean, no one will notice.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
drain tub, then empty back into the oil bottle you got the fresh stuff from.

can dispose of it at the local waste site then.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
FFS. Did you really need to ask this on a forum?

In fact I think if you asked where to put the oil in the engine it would have been a less stupid question.

Last edited:
  Clio 182 arctic
FFS. Did you really need to ask this on a forum?

In fact I think if you asked where to put the oil in the engine it would have been a less stupid question.

well i believe its a perfectly reasonable question, if i dont have to keep buying petrol cans each time i change the oil then it saves me a little extra time and money even if it is small.
everytime i take it to the tip they take the full can so i cant re-use it, im saving the planet here dont ya know.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
don't put it in a fuel can that's a waste of money.

put the old oil in the fresh oil bottle and give them that instead. job done.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I just use old milk containers and a washing up bowl to catch it as it's draining fromthe car.