ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where you lot insured?

Megane 225 Cup
Well im looking into getting a 172 (02 reg)

im 19 (almost 20) with 2 years NCB and the best quote i have found is around £2800!!!

Surely there is somewhere cheaper than this? - ive never even had a crash..

Any ideas.. any one else got quotes for more or less? (around my age that is)

LY V6 with Recaros
Where did you try? Elephant and Admiral seem to be cheap for younger drivers.

1.8 Civic EX
try direct line...

I've been looking at getting a 172 soon and most places for me were just over £1K (25 7yncb 3 points) but direct line came up with £640 fully comp, protected no claims and legal cover included...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

im 19 (almost 20) with 2 years NCB and the best quote i have found is around £2800!!!

there, my son, lies your answer.

God dam Fee! where have you been?? I've missed those breastacles!!

Impreza P1
1200 quid with Elephant

21 Years Old

Protected No Claims

Cheapest quote i found

Was on a cup too normally more expensive for Cups due to the HISTORY ......

Last edited:

al

ST on the way...
RAC, and having had a claim i've discovered their claims department is brilliant!!

there, my son, lies your answer.

God dam Fee! where have you been?? I've missed those breastacles!!
pmsl :eek:

2002/02 172
Not well liked on here but I've been with Adrian Flux for 3 years now, and they have been consistently cheap for me.

For example my renewal is due end of the month, £625 from AF.

So I tried the 3 links recommended by moneysavingexpert below

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1092813037,41960,

Cheapest on there was £510 (Sainsburys) so called Flux and they immediately lowered their renewal to £500.

Just saved myself 20% !!! :D

Got the rest of the month to find something cheaper and screw them down even further....

Mondeo TDCi
tescos value car ins online were the best for me, adrian flux would not insure me for less than a grand as had not had a group 16 before (172) last car was a fiesta st. 23 3yrs ncb

M

muchty_massive

Endsleigh were best for me as a young driver (17) but its buy no means cheap! U should me cheaper than me thou I have everything against me, Male, 17, 0ncb, wrote of my mums car 1 month after passing my test! but hey hopefully it can only get cheaper

Try Endsleigh thou, couple o ma mates have had good quotes from em 2

Clio 172 mk2
I'm with Norwich Union and pay about £300 fully comp

Cheap insurance..one of the benefits of being over 30:)

LY V6 with Recaros
Privilige are cheap for me now, but they probably wont be any good with 2 years nc, they were always expensive until I've got up to 4 years.

Milltek'd 182
go for Bell mate, im 20 (was 19 when i got insured) on a 05 182 with them and it was £2000 so urs should be cheaper than that. Add two named drivers, old ones with no claims and it will bring it down by a few 100's. www.bell.co.uk
Dave

laugh all you like, im 19, with a 182, through elephant for 1300

HOW!

If i can could manage this I would have bought one already.. im getting quotes of like 3 grand.. I mean at the age of 19 you cant get much better than me (i mean in terms of no claims etc)

Are you on your mums insurance of something?

no mate, in my own name, just turned 20 and got a quote on an evo7 at just under £3k.. seriously tempting!