ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where's the CD changer?

3 MPS, MX5
Just bought a 52 plate 1.6 dynamique for my other half which seems quite a nice motor but I'm a bit baffled as it only has a cassette and no CD which I thought was std for the year and model. I've looked to see if it's got a CD changer but not sure where it would be. Tried under both front seats, glove box and boot. I'm not too fussed if it hasn't got the changer as I've just looked on Ebay for replacement CD head units which seem reasonably priced between £20 and £50 but if it had a changer it save me some hassle.

The car had no docs; manual, service history, MOT, spare key etc so I've got to do some hunting anyway.

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like you've only got the bog standard radio/ cassette . The cd changers are factory fitted under the passenger seat if you have one .

BMW M135i
Hmm. Strange one that, never seen a dynamique without a CD player does seem very wierd, if it had a cd changer it'd be under the passenger seat.

3 MPS, MX5
Thanks for the replies, I thought it maybe under the passenger seat and I have checked there but nothing appart front what looks like a plastic tray. The car is supposed to be a Dynamique + although I won't know for definate until I send off for a log book as there's no docs at all.

I'll check with Renault tomorrow to see if it was fitted with a changer from new. Thinking about it, if a changer was fitted then it may have been taken out by the dealer before they banged it through the auction. In which case if all the wiring's still there then I could get a new changer. Any idea on costs?

Polo + Micra
i got a 52 plate dynamique + 1.6 and it didn't come with a cd changer but did come with a single cd player

BMW Z4 3.0i
I presume the previous owner has done some swapping and changing with the cd player. Maybe they fitted an aftermarket one, sold the original one but then when selling the car, took out the aftermarket one and picked up a cheap tape player ?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like it did have a cd changer originally with you having the bracket under the seat . The head units don't cost alot on ebay cd changers come up alot on ebay its the lead that is harder to find , but you could be lucky and the previous owner has left the lead in place because you would have to remove the dash to get it out . Have a look and se if you can still see the lead then it won't cost that much to get a new headunit and cd changer off ebay .

clio 182 black /gold
I don,t know where yours is but here is mine lol.
100_0858.jpg

They never came with a CD player that age as standard tape player was the normal fit it was a £100 option a cd player that most people took up.

Polo + Micra
nah mine was standard on my 52 plate 1.6

wouldn't pay extra as i knew i would change it

Dink said:
nah mine was standard on my 52 plate 1.6

wouldn't pay extra as i knew i would change it
Thats because at that age all 1.6's were the dynamic plus spec with an alarm electric sunroof and air con and CD player as standard.

MRBILLYUK said:
.............but you could be lucky and the previous owner has left the lead in place because you would have to remove the dash to get it out

:S why would you have to remove the dash to get the lead out??

And just for everyones info - the lead to connect the 2 (head unit to boot changer) is £87 inc. vat from Renault:( I just purchased mine today!

Inferno 182
i have the vdo dayton ch0600 changer which was in my 04 182 but taken out as got a ipod connection now so would be open to offers.
it has the long lead as it was in the boot with the colour coded blue plug on the end so no wiring it just plugs in

BMW M135i
edde said:
Thats because at that age all 1.6's were the dynamic plus spec with an alarm electric sunroof and air con and CD player as standard.

My 03 dynamique doesn't have an elec sunroof or alarm, pitty would have liked both really.

172 mk2
go to an insurance website and do a quote, give the number plate and they'll tell you what model it is.

some websites are better than others... try confused.com

3 MPS, MX5
howie p said:
go to an insurance website and do a quote, give the number plate and they'll tell you what model it is.

some websites are better than others... try confused.com

Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.

Confused have got it down as a Dynamique Billabong...maybe they are confused because according to Glass's the Billabong didn't come out until 2003 "52" where as this car was registered in Oct 2002 looking on VOSA's website. Also there's no Billabong badges on it which I'm pleased about.

The tray under the seat must be just a tray to store things because I picked my Clio V6 up the other day and had a look at the CD changer in that and the bracket for the changer is nothing like the tray on the dynamique. Also I couldn't find any wiring under the seat appart from the seat belt sensors...well, I presume its for the seat belt sensors!

I think the best bet is just buy a single CD/Tuner from Ebay to replace the cassette player.:)

Thanks for your help though.