ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which 195.45.16

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
Evening guys, going on a little spending spree tonight, trying to get my 172 ready for fast road and occasional track, last thing to order is set of decent road tyres, what do you guys recommend. Cheers

Depends if you need decent wet performance? If not a road/track tyre would be best as a pure road tyre will just go off after a few laps. Also 205 could be cheaper as well.

Options:

Michelin PS3
Goodyear F1
Nankang NS2R
Federal RSR
Yoko AD08R

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
Depends if you need decent wet performance? If not a road/track tyre would be best as a pure road tyre will just go off after a few laps. Also 205 could be cheaper as well.

Options:

Michelin PS3
Goodyear F1
Nankang NS2R
Federal RSR
Yoko AD08R

Thanks mate yeah I want a decent all round tyre. I keep looking at the ns2r tyre but heard the noise can be bit much. But want something that can be used daily basis, wet or dry.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Michelins are bloody brilliant on the road in all conditions. Not sure about track

I thought the ns2r are ment to be OK in wet. Also do they wear quicker then a non semi slick on road use
Trust me mate the 180 compound are shocking in the wet. Not in my experience they dont wear more as they're a similar compound as performance road tyres.

AD08R's are better than the NS2R's in the wet but nowhere near as good as a performance road tyres. It's all trade offs mate.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Got some ps3’s for sale less than 200 miles but they are 205 width.
PM if interested.
45343C20-D7DD-463E-8C22-CA54B2589680.jpeg

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
As above, ns2r’s are poor in the wet and the road noise especially in a stripped out Clio is almost unbearable on motorway runs. Just ditched my fronts for ADO8R’s after 2 years of daily use and 8 track days so they don’t wear out too fast. The rears have loads left. The ADO8R’s are far better in the wet, car oversteers when pushed on a wet circuit and the reduction in the noise is huge. A good all rounder IMO of course.

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
As above, ns2r’s are poor in the wet and the road noise especially in a stripped out Clio is almost unbearable on motorway runs. Just ditched my fronts for ADO8R’s after 2 years of daily use and 8 track days so they don’t wear out too fast. The rears have loads left. The ADO8R’s are far better in the wet, car oversteers when pushed on a wet circuit and the reduction in the noise is huge. A good all rounder IMO of course.

Cheers mate I keep hearing different things about the ns2r. Im expecting them to be noisy but then again it's a stripped clio so everything noisy, but some others elsewhere have said they are OK in the wet. I'm guessing this is a personal preference thing

Cheers mate I keep hearing different things about the ns2r. Im expecting them to be noisy but then again it's a stripped clio so everything noisy, but some others elsewhere have said they are OK in the wet. I'm guessing this is a personal preference thing
They have 3 compounds 180, 120 & 100. The 100 are very good in damp and light rain conditions 180 not so. I currently run both compounds.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
If you’re heart is set on the ns2r’s it looks like you should source either the 100 or 120 compound as said above. Think mine maybe 180 compound.

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
Well I changed my mind and went with the pilot sport 3s they seem to be highly recommended so will give them a go.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Never had an issue with NS2Rs in the wet, surprisingly good in my experience, far better than expected. Just drive to the conditions.
Daily drove them for 4 or 5 sets when i first had the car.

Want s**t in the wet, try a Michelin Cup2. :D

Best all round street tyre in the sizes available is probably a Michelin PS3

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
Never had an issue with NS2Rs in the wet, surprisingly good in my experience, far better than expected. Just drive to the conditions.
Daily drove them for 4 or 5 sets when i first had the car.

Want s**t in the wet, try a Michelin Cup2. :D

Best all round street tyre in the sizes available is probably a Michelin PS3
That's exactly why I went with the ps3 seem to be a good all rounder