ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which air box?

182 Inferno
Hiya,

So I have some kind air filter in my 182, its a big red one! I'm not sure what it is, Piper Cross? - I'll post a photo once I work out how..
Anyway, its canny loud with my stainless exhaust.

What would people recommend that's a bit more discreet? A standard air box? A KN cone?

182 Inferno
IMG_20150819_115921.jpg

182 Inferno
Do you know what it actually is that I've got? Is it a Piper Cross?

Think I need to YouTube some videos..

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The Phase 1 172 airbox will produce the same amount of power for alot less noise.

Listerine & Poledo
Dont open cones, typically, just throw horsepower away and replace it with intake temperatures?

I hear the "Espace V6" airbox is the one to have, but I could be wrong.

330i. E30 Touring.
I have a Ph1 172 airbox for sale.

£40 posted. You'll need to buy a filter, but they're pennies from ECP/the likes.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If you wanted a standard airbox i'm sure someone would be willing to do a straight swap for your K-Tec/Fatty style kit, they're very popular on here and people are always looking for cheap mods that give gains, i'm sure someone with standard boxes looking to upgrade would jump at the chance of a freebe in exchange for theirs.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Dont open cones, typically, just throw horsepower away and replace it with intake temperatures?

I hear the "Espace V6" airbox is the one to have, but I could be wrong.

If it was still right next to the block, yes, but in this case the filter's relocated to behind the headlight which is a cool part of the engine bay, so you do get a gain. And if you go back to Fatty's thread it's dyno proven.

The silicone 90 degree piece on this one looks kinked though at the corner, so it's probably a fairly significant reduction in pipe diameter and therefore a loss in power. A proper mandrel bent pipe would be much better.

V6 airbox, Phase 1 airbox or JMS airbox. Pretty much all the same thing.