ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which air filter? K+N or Green?

Ph1 1.2
My standard, 'tracing paper' air filter has seen better days and needs replacing..
I want to get a performance one as they are fairly cheap and potentially improve performance (heavily debatable) - even if it doesn't, the improved sound and guaranteed warranty is enough to win me over..

so whats better?

K+N or Green? both are similar prices and have panel filters for my spec of clio (1.2 '99)..

Cheers, Luke.

Listerine & Poledo
Stay OEM.

If you have an air-line with a resonance 'valve' (?) in it, unplug that instead.

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
IMO k and n are over rated, and to be honest I doubt there's much difference in them, everyone on here seems to rate the itg filters.

As mentioned above replace the resonator Thingy with a CAF, and maybe a silicone hose ?

Ph1 1.2
don't think i can get pipercross filter as they only do 1.2 16v ones, which is a flat panel..
mine is round, both K+N and Green do the round one for 1.2 8v.. Haven't seen any others :(

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
Green. There is less seepage of the outer rim into to cotton gauze due to the more hands on manufacturing process. Should therefore have a slightly greater surface area for filtration. Whether this is noticable in power is debatable but you can tell friends down the pub

FLOL!

Why bother? It won't make any performance difference, or noise difference, or any other difference. So essentially you're setting fire to money.

You have a big difference, your bank account a little more empty and get a washable/reusable filter for the rest of the life of your car. That was the reason I bought mine. Of course I know at the start that nothing in terms of power/noise can be achieve only with a aftermarket filter, but if you count the price of a OEM filter at Renault (32£ plus 23% VAT in Portugal) after some years is some money!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
You have a big difference, your bank account a little more empty and get a washable/reusable filter for the rest of the life of your car. That was the reason I bought mine. Of course I know at the start that nothing in terms of power/noise can be achieve only with a aftermarket filter, but if you count the price of a OEM filter at Renault (32£ plus 23% VAT in Portugal) after some years is some money!

Exactly.

He's driving a 1.2. Stick the cheapest non OEM paper filter into it and spend the rest of the money on something useful. Or booze.

Ph1 1.2
He's driving a 1.2. Stick the cheapest non OEM paper filter into it and spend the rest of the money on something useful. Or booze.

haha, its only £25-£30 for K+N, that seems logical as i wouldn't have to replace it :D